Paul M. Kinsella
Paul represents public corporations in business combinations, securities offerings, and governance matters.
Examples of client relationships include advising:
- Cubist on sale to Merck ($9.5 billion); acquisitions of Trius, Optimer, and Adolor; convertible note offerings; and securities and governance matters.
- Genzyme on sale to Sanofi ($20.1 billion); acquisitions of Bioenvision, AnorMED, Bone Care, ILEX ($1.1 billion), SangStat, Focal, GelTex ($1.3 billion), and Biomatrix; proxy contest with entities affiliated with Carl Icahn; cooperation agreement with Relational Investors; convertible and straight debt offerings; accelerated share repurchase program; divestitures of genetics business unit, diagnostics business unit, cardiothoracic devices business, and Snowden-Pencer line of surgical instruments; and securities and governance matters.
- Medtronic/Covidien on acquisitions of HeartWare ($1.1 billion), ev3 ($2.6 billion), Maya Medical, VNUS Medical, Power Medical Interventions, Aspect Medical, and Twelve.
- NxStage in pending sale to Fresenius Medical Care Holdings ($2 billion).
- Pfizer/Wyeth on acquisitions of Medivation ($14 billion), Hospira ($17 billion), Icagen, Excaliard, and Scion; sale of Primatene Mist; and securities law matters.
- Shire on acquisitions of Baxalta ($32 billion) and Dyax ($5.9 billion).
- Synageva on sale to Alexion ($8.9 billion) and multiple common stock offerings.
- Wright Medical on merger of equals with Tornier ($3.3 billion), which resulted in parent company domiciled in the Netherlands; convertible note offerings; acquisition of Solana Surgical; and securities and governance matters.