Pia C. Kurkuvelos
Pia Kurkuvelos joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department. Pia advises hedge funds, private funds, and institutional investors in connection with transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters.
During law school, Pia served as an executive editor of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest and was a member of the Board of Student Advisors.
- Advises one of the nation’s oldest and largest hedge fund managers on matters relating to the purchase, sale, and management of various investments, including bankruptcy claims, and on negotiating contractual arrangements with various service providers.
- Advises various clients on co-investments and secondary investments.
- Advises buy-side client on the negotiation of derivatives documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements, as well as with respect to compliance with derivatives regulatory reform.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2015; executive editor, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest
- AB (History & Literature), magna cum laude, Harvard College, 2012