Risa Kuroda is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. Risa practices primarily in the firm’s private capital transactions group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity investments and financings. Risa also conducts extensive research to evaluate emerging technologies and digital assets and their relationship to Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) principles. She also assists on cross-border regulatory and transactional matters focusing on cryptocurrency. In her pro bono practice, Risa defends victims of cryptocurrency related fraud.
Risa earned a dual JD/Masters of Science in Sustainability, focusing on corporate social responsibility and ESG. During law school, Risa interned at Beth Israel Lahey Health (BIDMC) and Mass General Brigham’s sustainability department. She also served as a selected researcher for the Harvard Law & International Development Society and as an executive board member of the Boston College Environmental Law Society.
- Assisted in the representation of McAfee Corp. throughout its $14 billion sale to a private equity consortium.
- Co-author, “Emerging Legal Questions for the Post-Merge Ethereum Network,” Ropes & Gray Alert (October 10, 2022)
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2021; Morgan Lewis Foundation Diversity Scholar
- MS (Sustainability), Tufts University, 2021
- BA (International Studies, Minor in Environmental Studies), Boston College, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2022
- Massachusetts, 2021