Rouzana Kasem joined Ropes & Gray in 2022 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in London. Rouzana has experience acting for private equity and corporate clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Rouzana trained and qualified at a leading Scottish law firm.
- Acted for a US technology-focused private equity firm and its portfolio company in the acquisition of a Swiss-based entity with subsidiaries in five jurisdictions*
- Advised a global financial services group in its bid to acquire a subsidiary of a large publicly-traded renewable power platform, valued at c$705 million*
- Acted for one of the world's largest institutional investors in their bid for a Canadian entity with UK subsidiaries, valued at c$537 million*
- Acted for a multinational brewing company on capital reductions for three of its UK entities creating distributable reserves of c$78 million*
- Acted for a Scottish renewable energy firm on a corporate restructuring and fundraise*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “The Future of Choice of Court and Arbitration Agreements under the New York Convention, the Hague Choice of Court Convention, and the Draft Hague Judgments Convention,” Aberdeen Student Law Review (December 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- DPLP, with distinction, University of Aberdeen, 2020
- LLB (Scots, with Options in Business Management), First Class Honours, University of Aberdeen, 2020
Admissions / Qualifications
- Scotland, Solicitor, 2022