Sam Kahan is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity group. Sam trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the private investment funds, special situations and private equity transactions departments. Sam also spent six months on secondment to the firm’s Hong Kong office, where he worked in the bank finance group.
Sam’s experience includes acting for private equity investors and portfolio companies on M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law and governance issues.
- Advising Xerox Holdings Corporation on its acquisition of Go Inspire, a UK-based print and digital marketing and communication services provider, serving customers throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Advised Northpond Ventures in connection with its Series A and Series B investments in Refeyn, a spin out from Oxford University specialising in mass photometry and molecule imaging
- Acting for CDC Group, the UK’s development finance institution and the world’s oldest DFI, in respect of its investment in M‐Kopa, a leading provider of off‐grid solar energy in East Africa
- Advised Pulsant, one of the leading nationwide providers of data centre and cloud infrastructure in the UK, on its sale from Oak Hill Capital and Scottish Equity Partners to Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Advised Sands Capital on its Series B investment in PolyAI, a London-based technology company with a state-of-the-art machine learning platform for creating conversational agents
- Advising Sands Capital in connection with its Series B investment in Brightflag, an AI-powered legal spend and matter management technology provider to in-house teams
- Advised Alibaba Group on its strategic partnership with Richemont and its joint venture with YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Advised the Asset Management & Investor Services Divisions of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation on its acquisition of Point Nine Limited
- Advising Nordic Capital on equity investment matters relating to eResearchTechnology, Inc. (ERT), a leading global data and technology company which minimises risk and uncertainty in clinical trials
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its carve-out acquisition of Publicis Healthcare Solutions, a leading pharmaceutical contract commercial services organization, from Publicis Groupe
- Acting for Kohlberg & Company on the acquisition by its portfolio company US Risk Insurance Group, of MGB Insurance Brokers, a UK Lloyd's broker specialising in arranging financial and professional insurance
- Acting for Duke Street Capital on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world's leading provider of escorted rail journeys
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- BA, Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2018