Sam Kahan is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity group. Sam trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the private investment funds, special situations and private equity transactions departments. Sam also spent six months on secondment to the firm’s Hong Kong office, where he worked in the bank finance group.
Sam’s experience includes acting for private equity investors and portfolio companies on M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law and governance issues.
- Advised Sands Capital on its Series B investment in PolyAI, a London-based technology company with a state-of-the-art machine learning platform for creating conversational agents
- Advising Sands Capital in connection with its Series B investment in Brightflag, an AI-powered legal spend and matter management technology provider to in-house teams
- Advised Northpond Ventures in connection with its Series A investment in Refeyn, a spin out from Oxford University specialising in mass photometry and molecule imaging
- Acting for Kohlberg & Company on the acquisition by its portfolio company US Risk Insurance Group, of MGB Insurance Brokers, a UK Lloyd's broker specialising in arranging financial and professional insurance
- Acting for Duke Street Capital on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world's leading provider of escorted rail journeys
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- BA, Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2018