Sonali Kapoor joined as an associate in the finance practice of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Sonali worked as a foreign lawyer in a leading U.S. law firm in New York where she advised private equity sponsors and private equity backed portfolio companies in mergers & acquisitions and asset purchase transactions. Sonali has also worked as an attorney in India for approximately five years, where she advised on a wide range of corporate transactions, including cross border mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments and entry strategies in India.
Notable transactions in which Sonali has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Fidelity Growth Partners in its various Series A, Series B and Series C investments in portfolio companies in India, including in
a listed non-banking financial company, a private company engaged in the business of running a mobile application for aggregating
courier services, a private company engaged in the business of operating beverage outlets and providing catering services, and a private
company engaged in the business of providing online educational services.
- B Capital Group in its various Series A investments in India, including in a private company engaged in the business of providing packaging
solutions to manufacturers and retailers in India and a private company engaged in the business of providing payment solutions in India.
- Advised the promoters of Tavisca Solutions Private Limited (an online travel technology company in India) in the sale of 100% shareholding
of the company to Affinion Group.
- Advised a listed Indian company engaged in the business of manufacturing two-wheeler automobiles re its joint ventures in Colombia and
- Advised a listed Indian company engaged in the business of manufacturing tin products in its joint venture with a British company for
manufacture, sale and distribution of plastic containers in India.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Columbia Law School, 2017
- LLB, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, 2012
- BCom, University of Delhi, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018