Sriram joined as an associate in the finance practice of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2018.
Sriram has broad experience focused on executing cross-border high yield debt offerings in Europe and Asia, acting for issuer, underwriter and sponsor clients. In addition he has experience working on a range of corporate transactions including securities offerings, leveraged finance transactions, liability management transactions and restructurings in Europe and Asia.
Sriram studied law in the USA (Columbia University), the UK (University College London) and India. In addition, he also holds an MBA from INSEAD business school in France.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked at leading international firms in London and Hong Kong.
Notable transactions in which Sriram has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acted for a Nigerian oil and gas company in connection with the restructuring of its high yield debt through a consent solicitation process
- Acted for a UK insurance broker in connection with the restructuring of its high yield debt through a scheme of arrangement
- Acted for a Maltese private jet operator in connection with its Rule 144A/Reg S notes offering
- Acted for the underwriters in connection with the Rule 144A/Reg S notes offering by a UK sports media company
- Acted for the underwriters in connection with the Rule 144A/Reg S notes offering and simultaneous tender offer and consent solicitation by an Indonesian property developer
- Acted for the underwriters in connection with the Rule 144A/Reg S sovereign notes offering by a South Asian country
- Co-author, “The "Bail-in" Clause: Purpose, Effects and Potential Treatment in the UK after Brexit,” 34(2) Journal of International Banking Law & Regulation (January 2019) 45-57.