Stephen M. Kruse
Stephen is counsel in the corporate department and joined Ropes & Gray in 2009. He represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a wide range of financing transactions across industries. Stephen also has deep experience with private funds on direct lending transactions.
- Advised AlpInvest US Holdings as the lead investor in connection with a $12.2 million subordinated term loan for the acquisition of Dickinson Fleet Services, LLC.
- Advised Altamont Capital Partners in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of Excel Fitness Holdings Inc., the largest Planet Fitness franchisee in Texas operating 18 fitness clubs throughout the Dallas and Austin markets.
- Advised Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC (CCBF) in the acquisition of distribution territories and operations and production facilities in South Florida from The Coca-Cola Company, as well as advising CCBF in its agreement for a five-year, $550 million senior unsecured credit facility, the proceeds of which were used to finance its acquisitions and for general corporate purposes.
- Advised Hancock Capital Management as a lead investor in a $35 million issuance of senior subordinated notes of a manufacturing company specializing in household accessories.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in a $240 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of Fastener Acquisition, Inc. by Kelso & Company.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $1 billion first lien and second lien credit facilities for the acquisition of Centric Group and Trinity Services by H.I.G. Capital.
- Advised Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of Amendia Inc., a leading designer, developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices used in spinal surgical procedures.
- Advised Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of CIBT Global, a leading global provider of travel visa and immigration services to corporations, travel management companies, and individuals.
- Advised Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of Osmose Utilities Services Inc., a provider of inspection, treatment, and restoration services to help power utilities and telecommunications providers maintain and remediate wood poles and steel tower structures.
- Advised Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of U.S. Risk Insurance Group, a leading international specialty lines underwriting manager and wholesale broker.
- Advised Surgery Partners in its issuance of $400 million of senior notes to refinance its existing second lien credit facility and fund certain acquisitions.
- Advised TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its acquisition of credit assets, including a part of Credit Suisse’s distressed credit portfolio for approximately $1.27 billion.
- Advised TSG Consumer Partners in connection with the leveraged acquisition of Backcountry.com, LLC, a large online specialty retailer of outdoor gear and apparel.
- Advised TSG Consumer Partners in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of Planet Fitness Holdings, owner and operator of recreation and fitness centers across the country, as well as in connection with the subsequent refinancings.