Todd B. Kornreich skillfully guides leading private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies through sophisticated transactions. He has significant experience with domestic and cross-border buyouts of public and private acquisition targets, divestitures, and minority investments. Whether it’s a take-private acquisition for a private equity firm or a sell-side carve-out deal for a publicly traded portfolio company, clients rely on Todd for his ability to get things done in deals with many moving parts.
Todd works with clients across industries and U.S. and non-U.S. jurisdictions, with a particular focus on transactions in the areas of health care and health care tech, technology, energy and infrastructure, and manufacturing and industrials. This range allows Todd to bring a deep understanding of the deal landscape when offering advice to clients. He also has an impressive grasp of global deal dynamics, drawing on a longstanding interest in international affairs, and collaborates closely with colleagues around Ropes & Gray’s worldwide network.
Within the firm Todd plays an active role in associate development. He has been involved with both formal and informal training activities, and takes great pride in mentoring associates.
- Represented New Mountain Capital on:
- its growth investment in ClaimLogiq, a healthcare technology platform that enables complex claim reviews for health plans prior to payment.
- its acquisition of The Emmes Company, a tech-enabled clinical research organization, from affiliates of Behrman Capital.
- its take-private acquisition of Aegion Corporation, a provider of infrastructure maintenance, rehabilitation and protection solutions.
- its acquisition of Cytel, a leading global provider of innovative analytical software and services to the life sciences industry, and subsequent sale of Cytel to affiliates of Nordic Capital and Astorg.
- its acquisition of HealthComp, an independent Third Party Administrator (TPA) of health care benefits for self-funded employers.
- its simultaneous acquisitions and combination of Pearce Renewables, a provider of telecommunications infrastructure maintenance, repair, and engineering, and MaxGen Energy Services, an independent provider of repair and maintenance services for utility-scale renewable wind and solar assets as well as electric vehicle charging station infrastructure.
- the combination of its portfolio companies Signify Health and Remedy Partners, and the subsequent IPO of Signify Health, Inc., a health care platform that leverages advanced analytics, technology, and nationwide health care provider networks to create and power value-based payment programs.
- its equity investment in Remedy Partners, a technology, data, analytics, and services provider for the health care bundled payments sector.
- its sale of Convey Health Solutions, a leading provider of technology-enabled and advisory solutions for health plans, to affiliates of TPG Capital.
- its sale of Equian, a health care payment integrity provider, a transaction which was named “Deal of the Year” by Buyout Insider, both in the large markets category and the overall Deal of the Year category for 2019.
- its acquisition of Topix Pharmaceuticals, a provider of innovative therapeutic and cosmetic skin care products.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on:
- the sale by its portfolio company, EnTrans International, of EnTrans’ Polar Service Centers division to Quala.
- the acquisition by its portfolio company, Current, of Hubbell Incorporated’s commercial and industrial lighting business.
- its acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s Personal Care business, a manufacturer and marketer of adult incontinence and infant diapers and related products.
- its take-private acquisition of SEACOR Holdings, a diversified holding company with interests in domestic and international transportation and logistics, crisis and emergency management, and clean fuel and power solutions.
- the acquisition by its portfolio company, Rand Logistics (Rand), of American Steamship Company (ASC). Both Rand and ASC operate U.S. flagged vessels providing bulk-shipping services on the Great Lakes.
- its acquisition of General Electric’s Current, powered by GE business (Current).
- Represented Arsenal Capital Partners on:
- the formation of its “Value Demonstration” global platform in the health care market access, health economics and outcomes research, patient preference, and real world evidence space, and Value Demonstration’s acquisition of several UK-based target businesses.
- its acquisition of Accumen, a technology-enabled provider of health system performance optimization solutions, and Accumen’s subsequent add-on acquisitions of several target businesses.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners on:
- the sale of Zest Dental Solutions to affiliates of BC Partners.
- the sale by its publicly-traded portfolio company, RVL Pharmaceuticals (formerly Osmotica Pharmaceuticals) of RVL Pharmaceutical’s legacy products business to Alora Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Harvest Partners on its acquisition of Yellowstone Landscape, a provider of commercial landscape services to over 5,000 customers throughout the southern United States, from CIVC Partners.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2012; editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- BA (International Relations), cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013