Todd B. Kornreich is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity transactions group. His practice focuses principally on leveraged buyouts, strategic acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, as well as equity arrangements, ongoing corporate securities law advice, and day-to-day strategic counseling. Todd advises clients across a broad range of industries, including technology, health care and health care tech, energy and infrastructure, and manufacturing and industrial services.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2015, Todd was an associate at another large, international firm in New York, where he also focused primarily on private equity M&A.
- Represented New Mountain Capital on:
- its pending approximately $963 million take-private acquisition of Aegion Corporation, a leading provider of infrastructure maintenance, rehabilitation and protection solutions.
- its acquisition of Cytel, a leading global provider of innovative analytical software and services to the life sciences industry, and subsequent sale of Cytel to affiliates of Nordic Capital and Astorg.
- its acquisition of HealthComp, a leading independent Third Party Administrator (TPA) of health care benefits for self-funded employers.
- its sale of Convey Health Solutions, a leading provider of technology-enabled and advisory solutions for health plans, to affiliates of TPG Capital.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on:
- its $920 million acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s Personal Care business, a manufacturer and marketer of adult incontinence and infant diapers and related products.
- its pending approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of SEACOR Holdings, a diversified holding company with interests in domestic and international transportation and logistics, crisis and emergency management, and clean fuel and power solutions.
- the $260 million acquisition by its portfolio company, Rand Logistics (Rand), of American Steamship Company (ASC). Both Rand and ASC operate U.S. flagged vessels providing bulk-shipping services on the Great Lakes.
- its acquisition of General Electric’s Current, powered by GE business.
- Represented Arsenal Capital Partners on:
- the formation of its “Value Demonstration” global platform in the health care market access, health economics and outcomes research, patient preference, and real world evidence space, and Value Demonstration’s acquisition of several UK-based target businesses.
- its acquisition of Accumen, a technology-enabled provider of health system performance optimization solutions, and Accumen’s subsequent add-on acquisitions of several target businesses.
- Represented Harvest Partners on its acquisition of Yellowstone Landscape, a provider of commercial landscape services to over 5,000 customers throughout the southern United States, from CIVC Partners.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2012; editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- BA (International Relations), cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013