Bianca is a partner in the firm's private equity transactions group. With substantial experience in all facets of private equity and corporate finance, Bianca brings a deep understanding and commercial approach to her practice. She has represented buyers, sellers, and private equity firms and their portfolio companies in a variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, public and private mergers and acquisitions, SPACs and restructurings. Bianca has guided numerous transactions across a range of industries, including technology, software, healthcare, retail, food and beverage and consumer products.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Bianca served as vice president and associate general counsel of transactions for the San Bernardino, CA-based San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. In that role, she provided legal counsel on private investments and other financial matters for the Tribe and its affiliates including the acquisition of Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. She previously served as a partner in the mergers & acquisitions practice of another leading law firm.
Notable transactions in which Bianca was involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Horizon Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Vivid Seats Inc., a live events ticketing marketplace.
- Represented Bridg Inc., a customer data platform, in its sale to Cardlytics (CDLX), one of the largest digital advertising platforms.
- Represented Brentwood Associates in its acquisition of Watermill Express, a national leader in refill kiosks that provide affordable, sustainable, safe drinking water and ice in a convenient drive-up format.
- Represented Brentwood Associates in its acquisition of MD Now Medical Centers, a provider of fast and affordable urgent care to adults and children.
- Represented Ares Management in its acquisition of Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant.
- Represented Mycom Group Limited, a provider of telecommunications software, in its sale to Inflexion Private Equity.
- Represented The Marshall Retail Group, a specialty retailer in the airport and resort marketplace and portfolio company of Brentwood Associates, in its sale to WH Smith PLC.
- Represented Anastasia Beverly Hills, a cosmetics company, in the strategic minority investment by TPG Capital.
- Represented Northern Pacific Group and a joint-venture affiliate in connection with a new $20 million debtor-in-possession loan to and successful $50 million credit-bid purchase of certain assets of Sungevity, a solar electricity company, and its subsidiaries.
- Represented TPG Growth in a number of matters, including:
- the sale of its interest in Fender Musical Instruments Corporation to Servco Pacific Inc;
- its investment in Philz Coffee; and
- its investment in Gavin de Becker & Associates.
- Represented Clearlake Capital Group in a number of matters, including:
- its acquisition of Innovative XCessories & Services;
- its acquisition of ASP Unifrax Holdings Inc;
- its sale of Sage Automotive Interiors Inc.;
- its acquisition of Wheel Pro Holdings;
- its acquisition of Janus International Group;
- its sale of Futuris Global Holdings;
- its acquisition of LANDESK Software; and
- its acquisition of Syncsort Inc.
- Represented Industrial Growth Partners in a number of matters, including:
- its sale of Integrated Polymer Solutions to Arcline Investment Management;
- its sale of IOTA Engineering and affiliates to Acuity Brands;
- its acquisition of IOTA Engineering and affiliates; and
- its acquisition of SPL.
- Represented Lion Capital in a number of matters, including:
- its equity investment in Alex and Ani;
- its acquisition of Paige Denim; and
- a joint venture acquisition with Serruya Private Equity of Global Franchise Group.
- Represented Lovell Minnick Partners in its growth capital investment in Currency Capital.
- Represented Lovell Minnick Partners in its acquisition of LSQ Funding Group.
- Represented Valence Media in its equity investment in Sugar23, a television and film production company.
- Represented J.H. Whitney-backed Uncle Julio’s, a Mexican restaurant operator, in its sale to L Catterton.
- Represented Things Remembered in connection with an out-of-court restructuring of its approximately $150 million of funded indebtedness, and in its Chapter 11 filing.
- Represented Sycamore Partners in its acquisition of 330 Family Dollar Stores from Dollar Tree Inc and Family Dollar Stores Inc.
- Represented SKIDATA in its acquisition of a majority stake in Sentry Control Systems.
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch as financial advisor to The Sterling Family Trust in the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers basketball franchise to Steve Ballmer, former CEO of Microsoft Corp.
- Profiled, “On the Move: Tracking the Ins and Outs of California Lawyers,” The Recorder (March 11, 2022)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray’s New LA Office Adds Private Equity Pro,” Law360 (March 1, 2022)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray Adds PE Partner in LA,” Private Equity Wire (March 1, 2022)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray Expands Los Angeles Private Equity Team with Partner Bianca Levin-Soler,” Business Insider (February 28, 2022)
- JD, cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2012; Associate Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law
- BA, magna cum laude, Wellesley College, 2006; Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science National Honors Society; Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honors Society; Durant Scholar
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2015
- New York, 2013