Giancarlo is an associate in the intellectual property transactions and licensing group. He regularly advises clients on intellectual property, technology and data matters in the context of complex commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, vendor contracting and investment management. Giancarlo works with clients in a variety of industries including financial services, information technology, telecommunications, private equity, travel, digital health, and medical devices.
Prior to joining the firm, Giancarlo worked for a natural language processing research group and a legal technology start-up. Giancarlo also has programming experience in Java and Python.
- Represented a global investment management firm in its licensing of data-driven technology used to support automated investment advising.
- Represented iCapital Network in connection with a variety of operational, fund and transactional matters.
- Represented a boutique investment management firm in its licensing of a variety of commercial data products used to inform trading strategies.
- Represented PIMCO in its licensing of platform developer tools and automation services.
- Advised Advent International in its $2.7 billion acquisition of NielsenIQ (formerly Nielsen Global Connect), a leading data provider in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Advised WellSky in its $1.35 billion acquisition of Careport, a leading care coordination software company, from Allscripts.
- Represented Servpro Industries on the structuring of its whole-business securitization and its related offerings of a total of $605 million in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Advised Centric Brands in connection with commercial and divesture arrangements related to its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case to recapitalize approximately $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016
- BA (Philosophy), cum laude, New York University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019
- New York, 2017