Greig Lamont joined Ropes & Gray in 2014. Greig works within the firm’s capital markets practice, with a particular focus on high yield debt offerings. Greig has experience advising issuers, underwriters and private credit funds and lenders in capital market transactions as well as acting for creditors and debtors in restructurings involving New York law debt instruments.
Prior to joining the firm, Greig completed law degrees at Oxford University and Harvard Law School.
- Advising the underwriters in connection with First Quantum Minerals Ltd.’s $1.85 billion high yield senior notes issuance to, among other things, fund development projects in Panama
- Acting for a committee of noteholders in the proposed restructuring of $500 million of senior notes issued by subsidiaries of Rolta India Limited
- Represented an ad hoc group of senior secured noteholders in the Chapter 11 restructuring of Global A&T Electronics Ltd.’s $1.1 billion of secured liabilities
- Advising a multinational banking and financial services company as initial purchaser in connection with a biopharmaceutical company’s $300 million issuance of convertible bonds
- Representing Virgin Media in its £450 million receivables financing notes issuance, an add-on offering to its IFLR Europe 2017 High Yield Deal of the Year, and subsequent £300 million receivables financing notes issuance
- Advising the initial purchasers in connection with debut high-yield issuer Intrum Justitia’s €3 billion (equivalent) high yield bond offering in connection with its merger with Lindorff
- Acting for the steering committee of noteholders in the restructuring of Mongolian Mining Corporation’s $760 million of offshore liabilities and issuance of new senior guaranteed notes and perpetual securities
- Advising Numericable-SFR in relation to its $5.1 billion high yield bond offering and refinancing of existing debt
- Acting for Altice NV on its $4.8 billion high yield debt issuance in connection with its acquisition of Cablevision Systems Corporation, a leading US cable system operator
- Acting for EQT Credit, MV Credit and Apax Partners as holdco PIK toggle noteholders in connection with the refinancing of existing indebtedness of Unilabs, a laboratory and radiology services provider and Nordic Capital portfolio company
- Advising Kaisa Group, a Hong Kong-listed real estate company operating in China, in connection with the restructuring of its offshore liabilities and related issuance of $2.77 billion high yield notes, $259 million mandatory convertible bonds and contingent value rights
- Advising Virgin Media Secured Finance PLC on its £521 million exchange offer and £675 million high yield debt offering
- Acting for CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation, in connection with the offering of $1.31 billion senior guaranteed notes to refinance a portion of its existing term loan facility
- Advising the initial purchasers in connection with Norway-based Lindorff’s €250 million and €230 million senior secured high yield bond offerings to finance acquisitions in the debt collection industry
- Advising Unitymedia Kabel BW GmbH in relation to its €700 million high yield bond offering and refinancing of existing debt
- Acting for Unitymedia Hessen GmbH & Co. KG and Unitymedia NRW GmbH on their €500 million and €420 million Rule 144A and Regulation S high yield bond issuances
- Acting for Altice NV in connection with its $1.7 billion bond offering and related financing transactions to finance Altice’s acquisition of a majority ownership in Suddenlink, the seventh largest cable system operator in the US
- Advising Altice Financing S.A. and Altice S.A. on their combined €5.7 billion high yield bond financing of Altice’s acquisition of PT Portugal, a leading residential and corporate telecoms provider in Portugal from Oi S.A.