Janene Loke is an associate in the business restructuring practice in Hong Kong. Her practice focuses on providing practical and strategic solutions to clients in consensual and contentious insolvency-related matters and cross-border restructuring transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Janene was an associate in a top-tier dispute resolution team of another global law firm and also worked in the insolvency & dispute resolution team of a leading offshore law firm, where she practiced a wide range of contentious matters, including contractual disputes, commercial crime and fraud cases, joint venture and shareholder disputes, antitrust and regulatory investigations and professional liability disputes.
Janene is also a Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Advising the security trustee for note holders, and subsequently the receivers and managers, of an investment property-holding subsidiary of a Hong Kong Stock Exchange-listed company.
- Acting for a PRC sovereign wealth fund in its capacity as a secured lender of Lung Ming Mining Co., Ltd (in Official Liquidation).
- Advising a subscriber of HK$1.4 billion secured senior notes privately placed by a leading property developer in Hong Kong.
Notable transactions which Janene has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented HNA in a series of high-profile disputes in relation to performance guarantees entered into with various shipping companies.
- Acted for SCB on a number of claims arising from a suspected metals financing fraud in the PRC.
- LLB (Hons), University College London, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2018
- High Court of Hong Kong, 2018