Lawrence Leung joined Ropes & Gray's finance department in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Lawrence was a lawyer in the banking and finance team of the Australian office of an international law firm, where he worked on a broad range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions for large Australian institutional banks, private equity sponsors and LPs and Australian publicly listed companies.
During law school, Lawrence completed an internship at a large international law firm in Hong Kong.
- Advising major Australian financial institutions on a club financing of the borrower’s acquisition of an Australian publicly listed company.*
- Acting for a major Australian retail company on the establishment of an IPO funding facility.*
- Acting for a global logistics and property group on the syndicated refinancing of their senior secured debt, working capital and fund through facilities.*
- Acting for a global private markets investment firm in relation to the provision of secured asset-backed facilities to a litigation funder.*
- Advising a financial institution as incoming lender on a debt sale from entities of a private equity manager (the vendors) and subsequently advising the same incoming lender and the existing lender on a syndicated financing which involved the recapitalization of the existing borrower.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, “TPD claim – the meaning of “Education training or experience” : Aslami v Board of Trustees,” LexisNexis Australian Insurance Law Bulletin (October 2019)
- Co-author, “TPD claim – trawling through financial records a fishing expedition: De Paull v Host-Plus,” LexisNexis Australian Insurance Law Bulletin (September 2019)
- Co-author, “TPD claim: the scope of the Harman undertaking – Gavan v FSS Trustee Corp,” LexisNexis Australian Insurance Law Bulletin (August 2019)
- LLB, University of Sydney, 2018
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance), University of Sydney, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New South Wales, Australia, Solicitor, 2019
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia