Sam Levitt joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the private equity group. Sam represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including U.S. and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts and equity investments. Sam’s practice also includes advising clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Sam was a corporate associate in the Toronto office of a leading Canadian law firm.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on the acquisition of Elkay Wood Products Company (February 2019) and Masco Cabinetry (February 2020) by its portfolio company, acpi®.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors, LP on the acquisition of BGIS, a leading global provider of customized facility management services.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers on the acquisition of Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment.
- Represented Silver Lake Partners on its strategic investment in EverCommerce, a leading service commerce platform.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners on the acquisition of United BioSource, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Express Scripts Holding Company
- Represented Surgery Partners, Inc., a leading publicly-held healthcare services company, on the acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, from Irving Place Capital, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- Represented Veronis Suhler Stevenson on the sale by its portfolio company, VSS-Southern Theatres, LLC, of the assets of the Movie Tavern theatre business to The Marcus Corporation.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners on the acquisition of Aspirion Health Resources and Aspirion on its acquisition of HRS ERASE (December 2018) and Specialized Healthcare Partners (July 2019).
- JD, Queen's University, Faculty of Law, 2013
- BA, With Distinction, McGill University, 2009