Sam Levitt joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the private equity group. Sam represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including U.S. and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts and equity investments. Sam’s practice also includes advising clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Sam was a corporate associate in the Toronto office of a leading Canadian law firm.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on the acquisition of Elkay Wood Products Company (February 2019) and Masco Cabinetry (February 2020) by its portfolio company, acpi®.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in connection with:
- the carve-out acquisition of Avel eCare, a leading telemedicine health provider, from Avera Health;
- the acquisition of Quicken Inc., the leading maker of personal finance software, from H.I.G. Capital;
- its agreement to acquire AON’s U.S. Retirement Business (transaction terminated);
- the acquisition of Aspirion Health Resources, and Aspirion on its acquisition of HRS ERASE and Specialized Healthcare Partners; and
- the sale of Aspirion Health Resources to Linden Capital Partners.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in connection with:
- the acquisition of Probo Medical, a provider of medical imaging equipment, from Varsity Healthcare Partners;
- the acquisition of Xifin, Inc.; and
- the carve-out acquisition of United BioSource, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Express Scripts Holding Company.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with:
- the merger of its portfolio company, The Hillman Group, a leader in the hardware and home improvement industry, with Landcadia Holdings III, a special purpose acquisition company;
- the acquisition of BGIS, a leading global provider of customized facility management services; and
- the acquisition of Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital in connection with its majority acquisition of DreamBox Learning, a K-12 education technology provider, from TPG’s The Rise Fund.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in connection with:
- its acquisition of Astro Shapes, a leading manufacturer of custom-finished aluminum extrusions in the Midwest and Northeast United States; and
- the sale of Construction Resources to Mill Point Capital.
- Represent Risk Strategies, a national insurance brokerage and risk management firm and portfolio company of Kelso & Company, on numerous acquisitions.
- Represented Silver Lake Partners on its strategic investment in EverCommerce, a leading service commerce platform.
- Represented Surgery Partners, Inc., a leading publicly-held healthcare services company, on the acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, from Irving Place Capital, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- Represented Veronis Suhler Stevenson on the sale by its portfolio company, VSS-Southern Theatres, LLC, of the assets of the Movie Tavern theatre business to The Marcus Corporation.
- JD, Queen's University, Faculty of Law, 2013
- BA, With Distinction, McGill University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015