Intellectual property litigation associate Taylor Lawrence joined Ropes & Gray’s Washington, D.C. office in 2021. During law school, Taylor externed for the Honorable Judge Jimmie V. Reyna at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, obtaining knowledge of appellate patent litigation practice. Taylor gained patent prosecution experience as a summer associate at another law firm. Additionally, she and her partner placed second in AIPLA’s Giles S. Rich Memorial Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition in the Southeast Region and competed in the National Competition.
While pursuing her undergraduate degree in computer science, her coursework included a wide range of topics digital systems, organization of algorithms, computer networks, and software engineering. Additionally, prior to law school, Taylor interned at Cisco and Red Hat.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2020
- BSBA (Finance), East Carolina University, 2017
- BA (Computer Science), East Carolina University, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2021
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2021