Ani-Rae joined the litigation department at Ropes & Gray in 2016.
During law school, Ani-Rae won the Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship and won Best Oral Advocate in Georgetown’s first-year moot court competition. She also interned for the Honorable Patricia Millett of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and the Honorable Barbara Rothstein of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. As a member of Georgetown’s Appellate Litigation Clinic, Ani-Rae represented a client in the Fourth Circuit.
- Represents Indenture Trustee in post-confirmation litigation concerning appropriate interest rate for notes received pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represents Gawker Media, LLC with respect to litigation claims filed in its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Pro bono representation of historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in contested Chapter 11 proceeding, ultimately resulting in confirmed plan of reorganization following one-week confirmation trial.
- Defends managed Medicaid health plan in civil False Claims Act litigation involving implied certification claims.
- Represents clients, including financial services institutions and public companies, in connection with regulatory and governmental inquiries and investigations.
- Conducts due diligence, focused on historical litigation, for private equity firms and other clients pursuing acquisitions and investments.
- Co-author, “Another Way To Challenge Standing In Data Breach Cases,” Law360 (April 24, 2017)
- Author, Note, Protecting Privilege: How Alternative Litigation Finance Supports an Attorney’s Role, 28 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 703 (Summer 2015)