Ani-Rae’s practice involves complex commercial disputes as well as regulatory and governmental inquiries and investigations. In addition, Ani-Rae represents clients in bankruptcy litigation matters. She has represented debtors and creditors in chapter 11 proceedings, including a contested chapter 11 trial, adversary proceedings, and claims litigation.
- Represents Indenture Trustee in post-confirmation litigation concerning appropriate interest rate for notes received pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented Reebok in an expedited adversary proceeding regarding a contract dispute between Reebok and the debtor, resulting in a settlement.
- Represented Gawker Media, LLC with respect to litigation claims filed in its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Pro bono representation of historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in contested Chapter 11 proceeding, ultimately resulting in a confirmed plan of reorganization following a one-week confirmation trial.
- Represented Reebok in a contract dispute regarding calculation and payment of royalties, resulting in a settlement prior to discovery.
- Represents clients, including financial services institutions and public companies, in connection with regulatory and governmental inquiries and investigations.
- Conducts due diligence, focused on historical litigation, for private equity firms and other clients pursuing acquisitions and investments.
- Co-author, “Another Way To Challenge Standing In Data Breach Cases,” Law360 (April 24, 2017)
- Author, Note, Protecting Privilege: How Alternative Litigation Finance Supports an Attorney’s Role, 28 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 703 (Summer 2015)
- JD, cum laude , Georgetown University Law Center, 2016; executive editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics; Champion, Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship; Student Attorney, Appellate Litigation Clinic
- BA (Government), summa cum laude, William & Mary, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa