Ani-Rae joined the litigation department at Ropes & Gray in 2016.
During law school, Ani-Rae won the Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship and won Best Oral Advocate in Georgetown’s first-year moot court competition. She also interned for the Honorable Patricia Millett of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and the Honorable Barbara Rothstein of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. As a member of Georgetown’s Appellate Litigation Clinic, Ani-Rae represented a client in the Fourth Circuit.
- Defends managed Medicaid health plan in civil False Claims Act litigation involving implied certification claims.
- Represents a Fortune 250 company in a contractual dispute stemming from a data security breach.
- Advised a research university in an internal investigation related to its use of federal award funding and assisted in preparing client’s self-disclosure to state agency.
- Pro bono representation of a historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in a contested Chapter 11 case.
- Co-author, “Another Way To Challenge Standing In Data Breach Cases,” Law360 (April 24, 2017)
- Author, Note, Protecting Privilege: How Alternative Litigation Finance Supports an Attorney’s Role, 28 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 703 (Summer 2015)