Ani-Rae’s practice involves complex commercial and restructuring disputes. Ani-Rae’s clients have included individual officers and directors, shareholders, hedge funds, private equity firms, publicly-traded companies, and retailers in informal disputes, mediations, arbitrations, and litigation in state and federal courts. She also represents clients involved in chapter 11 proceedings, including plan confirmation trials, adversary proceedings, claims litigation, and restructuring investigations, and she advises clients on investments in distressed assets.
- Represents shareholder defendants with hundreds of millions of dollars of potential exposure in fraudulent conveyance litigation related to retailer bankruptcy.
- Represented committee of independent directors of a publicly-traded oil and gas company in an investigation of potential claims as well as related post-petition Rule 2004 discovery.
- Represented officer and director in advancement litigation, including in an appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Represented indenture trustee in remand proceeding concerning appropriate interest rate for cramdown notes received pursuant to a chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented Reebok in an expedited adversary proceeding regarding a contract dispute between Reebok and the debtor, resulting in a settlement.
- Represented Reebok in a contract dispute regarding calculation and payment of royalties, resulting in a settlement prior to discovery.
- Pro bono representation of historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in contested chapter 11 proceeding, ultimately resulting in a confirmed plan of reorganization following a one-week confirmation trial.
- Co-author, “Another Way To Challenge Standing In Data Breach Cases,” Law360 (April 24, 2017)
- Author, Note, Protecting Privilege: How Alternative Litigation Finance Supports an Attorney’s Role, 28 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 703 (Summer 2015)
- JD, cum laude , Georgetown University Law Center, 2016; executive editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics; Champion, Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship; Student Attorney, Appellate Litigation Clinic
- BA (Government), summa cum laude, William & Mary, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa