Bryan Lowrance is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers & acquisitions group. He advises public and private companies and investors on domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and tender offers. Bryan also advises clients on strategic matters, corporate governance and securities laws. In particular, he advises clients on matters related to shareholder activism including proxy contest defense.
Prior to joining the firm in 2020, Bryan was a mergers and acquisition associate in the New York office of another premier global law firm.
- Representing Radius Health in its acquisition by Gurnet Point and Patient Square.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in multiple transactions.
- Represented a leading medical technology company in multiple transactions.
- Represented Max Finkelstein, Inc. in its sale to U.S. Autoforce.
- Represented American Well in its acquisition of Conversa Health.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corp. in its $40 billion stock-for-stock deSPAC combination with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Represented ProSight Global, a specialty insurance company, in its pending $586.0 million sale to investment funds affiliated with TowerBrook Capital Partners.
- Represented a special committee of the board of Akcea Therapeutics in connection with the sale of Akcea to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Town Fair Tire in its sale to Mavis Tire Express Services.
- Represented Sears (Transform Holdco) and ESL Investments in their acquisition of Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores.*
- Represented a large sovereign wealth fund in its investment in a major U.S. asset manager.*
- Represented Dun & Bradstreet in its acquisition by private equity consortium.*
- Represented Open Text Corporation in its acquisitions of Liaison Technologies and Guidance Software.*
- Represented General Mills in its acquisition of Blue Buffalo.*
- Represented Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in its acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals.*
- Represented Alimentation Couche-Tard/Circle K in its acquisition of Holiday Stationstores.*
- Represented TPG in its investment in Creative Artists Agency (CAA).*
- Represented Google/Alphabet in various transactions.*
- Represented Verizon in its acquisition of Fleetmatics. *
- Represented Goldman Sachs and other major investment banks in their capacity as financial advisors on a variety of M&A transactions.
Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in responding to an activist investor.
- Represented CIRCOR in a proxy contest with an activist investor.
- Represented Voya Prime Rate Trust in a proxy contest with an activist investor.
- Represented and advised various registered funds in connection with activist investors.
- Represented a leading technology company in responding to an activist investor.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School, 2015; Editor, University of Chicago Law Review
- PhD (English and Comparative Literature), Columbia University, 2012
- BA (English Literature), summa cum laude, Cornell University, 2006; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Not admitted in Massachusetts
- New York, 2016