Cassandra A. LaRussa
Cassandra joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the litigation department. She focuses her practice on government investigations, securities enforcement matters, and complex civil litigation. Cassandra represents clients in matters involving the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and securities fraud claims.
During law school, Cassandra interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts in both the civil division and the health care fraud unit. Prior to law school Cassandra worked for the Sunlight Foundation, a nonprofit organization that advocates for government transparency and accountability.
- Represented global pharmaceutical manufacturer in a non-intervened, civil False Claims Act litigation regarding allegations of off-label promotion and kickbacks, resulting in dismissal in federal district court and affirmance on appeal.
- Representing biopharmaceutical company in two securities fraud lawsuits.
- Representing investment firm in an SEC investigation into alleged violations of the Advisers Act.
- Representing a former employee of a technology company under criminal investigation for alleged fraud scheme.
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2015; senior articles editor, Boston University Law Review
- BA (Political Science), summa cum laude, The George Washington University, 2011; Phi Beta Kappa