Christopher D. Labosky
Chris Labosky is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Chris focuses on representing registered and unregistered investment companies and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional and compliance matters. He provides advice regarding the creation, registration and operation of new and existing investment products designed for institutional or retail investors. He also works with clients to respond to new SEC rules affecting the investment management industry.
During law school, Chris worked as intern at the SEC in the Division of Investment Management and served as a submissions editor for the Yale Journal on Regulation. He also served as a teaching fellow for several Yale College classes in the history and philosophy departments.
- Provides on-going advice to several global asset managers with regard to the operation and offering of registered and unregistered investment vehicles pursuing a variety of strategies, including cash management, absolute return, international equity, fund-of-funds, master-feeder and multi-manager.
- Represents SSGA Funds Management, Inc. on a wide range of matters, including compliance matters, regulatory filings, fund disclosure, board matters and the establishment, registration, and operation of new funds.
- Represents Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited with regard to ongoing regulatory and compliance issues, including advising on compliance policies and procedures, regulatory filings, board matters and other day-to-day compliance issues unique to non-U.S. investment managers. Chris spent two months on a secondment working from Baillie Gifford’s offices in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Advises PIMCO on various fund formation matters and compliance issues related to the day-to-day operation of the manager and its unregistered alternatives funds.
- Represented State Street Corporation in its acquisition of GE Asset Management, a global asset manager with more than $110 billion in assets under management, from General Electric Company.
- Advised SSGA Funds Management, Inc. on its launch of new registered cash products in response to the SEC’s adoption of money market fund reform.
- Advised one of the nation’s oldest and largest hedge fund managers on matters relating to the purchase, sale and management of various investments, including bankruptcy claims.
- The Institutionalization of Hedge Funds and the Asymmetric Price of Reputation, 30 Yale J. on Reg. Online 23 (2012)
- JD, Yale Law School, 2014; submissions editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- BA, summa cum laude, Yale College, 2010; Phi Beta Kappa