Christopher D. Liedl
Christopher Liedl is an associate in the intellectual property transactions and life sciences groups. He advises a range of public and private companies on transactions involving intellectual property, including technology licensing, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, manufacturing and supply arrangements, copyright and trademark matters, research and development agreements, and other strategic commercial agreements at the intersection of intellectual property and technology. He provides guidance on integrating advice from other legal, regulatory, and subject-matter experts to properly align corporate policies and business practices. Christopher also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on the representation of individuals from Latin America in immigration-related matters.
Prior to law school, Christopher worked for Florida-based NextEra Energy Resources in the solar project development, options trading, and asset management departments. During law school, Christopher worked for the Boston Red Sox and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, in addition to serving as a Harvard College freshman proctor. He is captain emeritus of the Ropes & Gray beach volleyball team and officiates college football in the Big Ten Conference.
Life Sciences Collaborations and Licensing
- Represented CASI Pharmaceuticals in a license agreement with Black Belt Therapeutics for exclusive worldwide rights to a novel monoclonal antibody program.
- Represent Juno Therapeutics in connection with collaborations, licenses, and manufacturing and supply agreements relating to Juno’s cancer immunotherapy products.
- Represented Novavax in its strategic partnership with Catalent Biologics.
- Represent Prevail Therapeutics, in license agreements and with respect to various general corporate matters as ongoing outside counsel to the company.
- Advised Voyager Therapeutics in a license agreement to use Ablexis’s AlivaMab mouse technology for antibody drug discovery and development.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications Transactions
- Represent EMCOR Group in connection with technology licensing agreements, and related transactions.
- Advise Invesco on technology licensing, collaboration, development, and services agreements.
IP and Technology Strategy in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Pfizer in its minority investment in, and option to acquire, AM-Pharma, a Dutch company focused on the development of recombinant human Alkaline Phosphatase (recap) for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Represented Regis Corporation, a leader in the haircare industry, in intellectual property matters in connection with the sale of all its mall-based salon business in North America, and in its agreement to sell all of its international segment to The Beautiful Group.
- Advised TPG Capital-backed Cirque du Soleil, the world-renowned live artistic entertainment producer, in its acquisition of The Works Entertainment.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners and partner company Duckhorn Wine Company in the acquisition of American pinot noir winery Kosta Browne.
- Co-author, “Right of Publicity Laws: Massachusetts,” Practical Law Company (July 2016)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2014; Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, and Corporations
- BBA (Finance, Spanish), summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business, 2008; Beta Gamma Sigma