Christopher D. Liedl
Christopher Liedl is an associate in the intellectual property transactions and life sciences groups. He advises a range of public and private companies on transactions involving intellectual property, including technology licensing, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, manufacturing and supply arrangements, copyright and trademark matters, research and development agreements, and other strategic commercial agreements at the intersection of intellectual property and technology. He provides guidance on integrating advice from other legal, regulatory, and subject-matter experts to properly align corporate policies and business practices. Christopher also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on the representation of individuals from Latin America in immigration-related matters.
Prior to law school, Christopher worked for Florida-based NextEra Energy Resources in the solar project development, options trading, and asset management departments. During law school, Christopher worked for the Boston Red Sox and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, in addition to serving as a Harvard College freshman proctor. He is captain emeritus of the Ropes & Gray beach volleyball team and officiates college football in the Big Ten and Mid-American Conferences.
Life Sciences Collaborations and Licensing
- Served as in-house counsel on a three-month secondment at a global biotechnology company.
- Advised a leading biopharmaceutical company in the discovery and development of TGF-beta superfamily therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases, in connection with its pulmonary research and discovery collaboration agreement with a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Represent Juno Therapeutics in connection with collaborations, licenses, and manufacturing and supply agreements relating to Juno’s cancer immunotherapy products.
- Represented Shanghai-based biotechnology start-up LianBio in its acquisition of Asian rights to infigratinib from BridgeBio affiliate QED Therapeutics.
- Represented CASI Pharmaceuticals in a license agreement with Black Belt Therapeutics for exclusive worldwide rights to a novel monoclonal antibody program.
- Represented Prevail Therapeutics, in license agreements and with respect to various general corporate matters as ongoing outside counsel to the company.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications Transactions
- Represent EMCOR Group in connection with technology licensing agreements, and related transactions.
- Advise Waters Corporation, a leading specialty measurement company, in connection with technology licensing and collaboration agreements.
- Advise Invesco on technology licensing, collaboration, development, and services agreements.
IP and Technology Strategy in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Advent International in its acquisition of Nielsen Global Connect for $2.7 billion.
- Represented Town Fair Tire Centers, a leading provider of brand name tires, in its agreement to combine with Mavis Tire Express Services.
- Represented Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, in its $1.05 billion all-cash divestiture of U.S. license rights to the NUCYNTA® franchise of pharmaceutical products to Depomed, Inc.
- Represented Pfizer in its minority investment in, and option to acquire, AM-Pharma, a Dutch company focused on the development of recombinant human Alkaline Phosphatase (recap) for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Represented Regis Corporation, a leader in the haircare industry, in intellectual property matters in connection with the sale of all its mall-based salon business in North America, and in its agreement to sell all of its international segment to The Beautiful Group.
- Advised TPG Capital-backed Cirque du Soleil, the world-renowned live artistic entertainment producer, in its acquisition of The Works Entertainment.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners and partner company Duckhorn Wine Company in the acquisition of American pinot noir winery Kosta Browne.
- Advised Bain Capital Double Impact in its investment in special needs educational software provider TeachTown.
- Co-author, “Right of Publicity Laws: Massachusetts,” Practical Law Company (July 2016)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2014; Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, and Corporations
- BBA (Finance, Spanish), summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business, 2008; Beta Gamma Sigma
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America (2022)