Felipe Barros Lima
Felipe Barros Lima joined the finance practice as an associate in the finance practice in 2020. Prior to joining the firm, Felipe was an associate at a leading international law firm in New York and London.
Felipe’s practice focuses on the representation of issuers, underwriters and initial purchasers in a wide range of securities offerings including high yield and registered offerings and private placements, as well as equity and convertible securities. He also has significant experience in liability management transactions, restructurings and acquisition commitments and financings.
Felipe graduated from Georgetown University Law Center where he was Notes Editor of the Georgetown Law Journal.
- Advised the initial purchasers on a €275 million bridge to bond and related senior secured notes take-out for Apax’s acquisition of Lutech.
- Advised Sotheby’s on multiple refinancing transactions including new and tap issuances.
- Advised the underwriters on a $400 million issuance of convertible senior notes by Repay Holdings Corporation.
- Advised various ad hoc groups in connection with in- and out-of-court restructurings.*
- Advised first time debt issuers in a Regulation S/144A Transactions.*
- Advised the initial purchasers on various private equity sponsor-led high yield bond financed acquisitions.*
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015; Notes Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- BA (Political Science & Economics), Boston College, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2016