Irene Lau is an associate in the securities and public companies practice group in Hong Kong.
Irene’s practice focuses on providing corporate finance advice to investment banks, sponsors and companies seeking to list on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. As well as providing advice on general securities, corporate and compliance matters to both Hong Kong-listed companies and private companies.
Prior to joining the Ropes & Gray, Irene worked in the London and Hong Kong offices of other leading international law firms.
- Advised a Singapore-based private equity fund specializing in the healthcare industry in its investments in Hong Kong and Greater China.
- Advised Sequoia Capital as an offeror in a mandatory general offer of Dongpeng Holdings Company Limited (3386.HK) and the privatization thereof.
- Advised Kaisa Group, a Hong Kong-listed real estate company operating in China, on the Hong Kong regulatory compliance matters relating to the restructuring of its offshore liabilities.
- Advised a healthcare investment firm in its acquisition in Hong Kong and Greater China.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned enterprise on various corporate commercial and compliance matters.
- Advised Salamanca, a UK-based investment fund, in the sale of its shareholding in China Polymetallic Mining Limited (2133.HK) to CITIC Dameng Holdings Limited for consideration shares in CITIC Dameng.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Advised China Harmony Auto Holding Limited on the US$76 million placement of its ordinary shares to Hong Hai / Foxconn Technology Group
- Advised Hop Hing Group Holdings Limited on the disposition of its edible oils business to its controlling shareholders which constitutes a major disposal under the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- Advised Hop Hing Group Holdings Limited on the very substantial acquisition of the Yoshinoya and Dairy Queen franchised businesses in northern China and the issue of convertible securities to finance the acquisition
- Advised a Korea-based insurance group in its bid for the life insurance business of ING Group
- Advised a France-based food and beverage company in its bid for the infant nutritional business of Pfizer Inc.
- Advised Sun Hung Kai Properties, China Harmony Auto Holding Limited and China Huirong Financial Holdings Limited on various corporate commercial and compliance matters
- Advised NWS Holding Limited on the disposition of its Hong Kong-Macau ferry business to Shun Tak Group
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Guotai Junan, as joint sponsors and global coordinators, in connection with the spin-off and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Colour Life Services Group Co., Limited from its listed-parent, Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited
- Advised UBS AG, Hong Kong Branch and Morgan Stanley, as joint sponsors and global coordinators, in connection with Hydoo International Holdings Limited’s US$215 million initial public offering of ordinary shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised UBS AG, Hong Kong Branch, as sole global coordinator and a joint lead manager, in connection with Wonderful Sky Financial Group Holdings Limited’s US$44 million initial public offering of ordinary shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised a leading investment bank and CLSA, as joint sponsors and global coordinators, in connection with PRADA S.p.A.’s US$2,465 million initial public offering of ordinary shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised Prudential plc in connection with its listing by way of introduction on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange