James C. Long
James Long joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate practicing in the corporate department.
During law school, James served as a senior editor of the Boston College Law Review.
- Represented a European pension fund in the formation of a programmatic joint venture to acquire and develop more than $400 million of mixed use real estate located in New York City.
- Represented a Canadian pension fund in the recapitalization of a $500 million mixed use project located in Los Angeles.
- Represented a pension fund in the acquisition of interests in a joint venture that owns a $100 million luxury apartment building in Chicago.
- Represented an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture and acquisition of a country club and real property in Park City, Utah.
- Represented a major hedge fund sponsor in a co-investment structure to invest in EB-5 projects in New York City.
- Represented an institutional investor in a $315 million acquisition of interests in a joint venture that owns multifamily apartment buildings in San Francisco, California.
- Represented an institutional investor in the recapitalization of a $220 million mixed-use development located in northern Ohio.
- Represented an institutional investor in a $191 million sale of interests in a REIT that owns and operates industrial properties in California.
- Represents an institutional investor in a $150 million joint venture that invests in multifamily apartment buildings in Oakland, California.
- Represents a San Francisco-based operating partner in the formation of joint ventures to acquire and finance multifamily property portfolios.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2015; senior editor, Boston College Law Review ; Order of the Coif
- BA (Latin and Political Science), cum laude, Tufts University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021)