Jennifer Levengood joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 in the Litigation and Enforcement practice. Jennifer advises businesses in complex criminal and civil litigation and government enforcement matters including internal investigations and trial proceedings. Jennifer works with a diverse group of clients, including individual plaintiffs, public companies, private equity firms, medical device manufacturers, investment management firms, and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Jennifer works with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, assisting clients in conducting internal investigations and communicating with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and South America in Spanish and English. She has also performed anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions due diligence and risk analyses.
Jennifer maintains an active pro bono practice, where she works with Legal Services NYC and Immigration Equality to represent individuals in cases focusing on immigration and domestic violence issues. Jennifer also works with the ACLU and National Lawyers Guild on racial justice issues.
- Represents a variety of clients—including large financial institutions, investment advisers, private equity firms, educational institutions, and individuals—in connection with investigations and enforcement actions brought by the SEC and DOJ.
- Represents a major South American airline in internal investigation of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represents health care companies in DOJ investigations into allegations of potential False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute violations.
- Represents financial institutions in connection with a federal criminal investigation into allegations of public corruption and bribery in Venezuela.
- Represents trader in parallel federal criminal and civil proceedings based on alleged spoofing activity.
- Assists global companies with the creation and implementation of global anti-corruption programs.
- Collaborates with the ACLU and National Lawyers Guild on racial justice issues.
- Represents LGBTQ+ clients in asylum proceedings.
- Represents domestic violence survivor in U Non-Immigrant Status proceedings.
- Co-author, “Latin America Overview,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations, Fifth Edition (March 2021)
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019
- BA, University of Florida, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020