Michael focuses his practice on leveraged finance transactions. He has extensive experience representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide range of large cap and middle market financing transactions, including high yield bond issuances, bridge facilities, syndicated credit facilities, ABL facilities and second lien and mezzanine financings. Michael also regularly advises public companies and institutional investors in financing transactions.
- Represented TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners in the sale of Petco to CVC Capital Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for approximately $4.6 billion.
- Represented TPG Capital in structuring and obtaining $905 million of aggregate debt financing for its acquisition of a majority stake in Cirque du Soleil.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Telestream, a world-class provider of live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition and subsequent sale of Insurity, Inc. (formerly the LexisNexis Risk Solutions insurance software division).
- Represented Audax Group in multiple acquisitions, including a national dental practice management company and a major building materials and construction solutions provider.
- Represented TPG Capital in structuring and obtaining $575 million of aggregate debt financing for its acquisition of the information products business of MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.
- Represented Liberty Dialysis in structuring and obtaining over $600 million of aggregate debt financing for the acquisition of Renal Advantage.
- Advised Bain Capital in structuring and obtaining $1.445 billion of aggregate financing for its acquisition of The Gymboree Corporation, a leading children’s clothing retailer.
- Represented Covidien in connection with a $1.25 billion bridge financing commitment and $1.5 billion in bond offerings to finance the acquisition of Ev3, Inc., a leading medical device developer.
- Represented TPG Capital in structuring and obtaining $3.275 billion of aggregate debt financing for the acquisition of IMS Health Inc., a leading provider of intelligence to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, in the largest leveraged buyout signed in 2009.
- Represented Avaya in structuring and obtaining $1.0 billion of aggregate senior secured financing commitments for the acquisition of Nortel Enterprise Solutions.
- Represented Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners in connection with bond offerings totaling approximately $2.3 billion to finance the acquisition of Clear Channel Communications, Inc.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Acrisure, LLC, a Michigan-based retail insurance brokerage firm. Acrisure is one of the leading privately owned insurance agencies in the Midwest.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1999
- AB (East Asian Languages and Civilizations), summa cum laude, Columbia University, 1996