Chau Le practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group, representing private equity funds, strategic investors, and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other strategic transactions. Chau regularly advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate governance matters.
Chau Le was named one of The Deal’s “Top 21 New M&A Law Partners” of 2019.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Advarra, a leading provider of compliance solutions critical to the drug development process, from Linden Capital Partners, various add-on acquisitions and sale of Advarra to Blackstone and CPP Investments.
- Audax in its acquisition of Rensa Filtration, an operator of an investment holding company focused on commercial and industrial air filtration systems.
- Audax in its acquisition of Monarch Landscape Companies, a provider of commercial landscaping services.
- TPG Capital in a simultaneous carve-out of AT&T’s U.S. video business (DirecTV) and $1.8 billion investment in the newly carved out business.
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of Nintex, a developer of integrated workflow automation software, and Nintex’s add-on acquisition of Kryon Systems, a provider of a robotic process automation platform.
- Audax in its majority acquisition of S.J. Electro Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of control solutions for the water and wastewater industry.
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of WellSky (previously Mediware Information Systems, Inc.), a leading health and community care technology company, from Thoma Bravo; WellSky's add-on acquisitions of Kinnser Software, Inc., ClearCare, Inc. and Careport Health, a carve-out from Allscripts Healthcare Solutions; and TPG and WellSky in their partnership with Leonard Green & Partners.
- Genstar Capital in its investment in Lightspeed Systems, a provider of mobile device management and device monitoring enabling schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile.
- Audax in its acquisition of Veterinary Practice Partners, a provider of practice management services intended for the veterinary industry.
- GI Manager in its investment in Rectangle Health, a provider of healthcare financial technology and patient engagement solutions, in conjunction with existing investor TA Associates.
- GI Partners in connection with the partial secondary sale of Daxko, a software and integrated payments provider for the health, fitness and wellness industries, to Genstar Capital.
- Audax in its acquisition of GCX Corporation, a manufacturer of healthcare-focused equipment mounting and mobility products, from its founder.
- Vista Equity Partners and DealerSocket, a provider of software for the automotive industry, in its $15 billion (in combination with other deals) sale to Solera.
- Vista Equity Partners in its acquisition, alongside Harvest Partners, of Granicus, a provider of cloud-based citizen engagement technologies and services.
- Vista Equity Partners in the recapitalization of Infoblox, a software company that offers core networking and cybersecurity solutions for businesses.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Signant Health.
- GI Partners in its acquisition of Clinical Ink, a global clinical trial technology company, from NovaQuest.
- Advent International in its public to private acquisition of Forescout Technologies, a cybersecurity company.
- Quoted, “Antitrust Poses Financing Challenges for PE,” The Deal (July 25, 2022)
- Featured, “Rising Star: Minh-Chau Le of Ropes & Gray,” The Deal (March 29, 2019)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2009; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- MSc (Forced Migration), University of Oxford, 2004
- AB (Economics), cum laude, Harvard College, 2001
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2009
- “Top Women in Dealmaking,” The Deal (2022)
- California Daily Journal Top Women Lawyers (2020)
- The Deal M&A Rising Star (2019)