Chau Le practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group, representing private equity funds, strategic investors, and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other strategic transactions. Chau regularly advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate governance matters.
Chau Le was named one of The Deal’s “Top 21 New M&A Law Partners” of 2019.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of WellSky (previously Mediware Information Systems, Inc.), a leading health and community care technology company, from Thoma Bravo and represented TPG Capital and WellSky in WellSky's acquisitions of Kinnser Software, Inc. and ClearCare, Inc. Further representing TPG and WellSky in their partnership with Leonard Green & Partners.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Advarra, a leading provider of compliance solutions critical to the drug development process, from Linden Capital Partners, and represented Advarra and Genstar in Advarra’s acquisition of Forte.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into The Juice Plus Company, a direct seller of whole food-based nutritional products.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Signant Health (previously Bracket), a scientifically driven clinical trial technology and specialty services provider, from Parthenon Capital Partners and represented Bracket and Genstar Capital in their acquisition of CRF Health, a global provider of eCOA and eConsent solutions for the life sciences industry, from Vitruvian Partners.
- Represented TPG Capital in its investment into a business combination of Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, one of the largest and fastest growing generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in the United States, and Impax Laboratories, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK Hynix.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into Sequel Youth & Family Services, a leading national provider of diversified behavioral health programs across the United States.
- Represented Audax Group in its $900 million recapitalization and combination transaction for a diagnostics and laboratory services company with a strategic and a financial partner and its $85 million purchase of a remote application management and managed cloud service provider.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $1.8 billion sale of Applied Systems, Inc., a leading provider of software solutions and services to insurance companies, to Hellman & Friedman and its $124 million sale of a majority stake in Domino's Pizza Japan to Australia's Domino's Pizza Enterprises Ltd.
- Represented Bain Capital, The Blackstone Group and the Weather Company in the sale of the Weather Company's P&T business to IBM.
- Represented Monitor Company Group Limited Partnership, a multinational strategic consulting firm, in its Chapter 11 proceeding and successful 363 bankruptcy sale of its business to Deloitte.
- Represented TPG Real Estate, the real estate platform of TPG, in its purchase of a 75% stake in a $2.5B portfolio of high-yield commercial real estate loans from Deutsche Bank's special situations group.
- Featured, “Rising Star: Minh-Chau Le of Ropes & Gray,” The Deal (March 29, 2019)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2009; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- MSc (Forced Migration), University of Oxford, 2004
- AB (Economics), cum laude, Harvard College, 2001