Nichole E. Lopez-Tackett
Nichole Lopez-Tackett is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s finance group, based in Chicago. Her practice focuses on the representation of corporate borrowers, private equity sponsors, investment funds and lending institutions with respect to complex financing transactions, including syndicated/non-syndicated, secured/unsecured, multi-jurisdictional and leveraged buyout financing transactions, as well as, liability management transactions, recapitalizations, restructurings and other special situation transactions.
- Represented GHO Capital Partners and Vistria Group in connection with financing for their joint acquisition of Alcami, a pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization.
- Represented General Atlantic, Nautic Partners and The Vistria Group in connection with financing for its acquisition of PANTHERx Rare, a provider of access solutions to people living with rare medical conditions.
- Represented The Vistria Group in connection with financing for its acquisitions of:
- Sandstone Care, a leading provider of high-quality care for young people with behavioral and mental health conditions.
- Beacon Specialized Living Services, a provider of residential healthcare services to individuals with I/DD, mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Professional Health Care Network, a home health care management services company that partners with health plans and providers to increase the access and value of home-based clinical care.
- Biocare, Inc., a leading specialty pharmaceutical distribution partner that provides distribution, specialty pharmacy and logistics services.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with financing for its acquisition of:
- the distribution business of Avient Corp., a global provider of sustainable and specialized material solutions.
- Pixelle Specialty Solutions, a leading provider of fiber-based specialty solutions.
- BECO Holding Company, a leading distributor and service provider of fire suppression, life safety and kitchen system equipment.
- Represented Welsh Carson and Valtruis in connection with financing for the innovative merger of Fresenius Health Partners, InterWell Health and Cricket Health, creating the nation’s premier value-based kidney care provider, operating under the InterWell Health brand.
- Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in connection with financing for its acquisition of Quicken Inc., a leading provider of personal financial management software and services.
- Represented leading private equity firm in connection with obtaining syndicated first lien and second lien credit facilities in an aggregate amount of $1.425 billion, the combined proceeds of which were used to acquire a leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry.*
- Represented leading private equity firm in connection with obtaining syndicated first lien and second lien credit facilities in an aggregate amount of $1.050 billion, the combined proceeds of which were used to acquire a cyber-security software and services company in a take-private transaction.*
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in connection with obtaining syndicated first lien and second lien credit facilities in connection with its $2.9 billion acquisition of Neustar, Inc., an industry-leading technology company that provides real-time information, analytics and other solutions in marketing, risk, communications and security services.*
Liability Management & Restructurings
- Represented J. Jill, Inc. with respect to its comprehensive out-of-court restructuring. J. Jill is a premier omni-channel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand. The transaction involved amendments to the company’s term loan and ABL credit facilities, issuance of a new priming term loan credit facility and the issuance of a new term loan subordinated credit facility.*
- Represented Associated Materials with respect to a series of transactions that provided for a comprehensive out-of-court balance sheet recapitalization. Associated Materials is a leading North American manufacturer and distributor of exterior building products. The transaction involved, among other things, the conversion of the company’s existing notes to equity, an amendment to and extension of its ABL facility and the issuance of new senior secured notes.*
- Represented Alex and Ani and its affiliates in their out-of-court restructuring. Alex and Ani designs, manufactures, and sells iconic, American-made jewelry. The transaction involved operational and financial initiatives, including amendments to the company’s credit facility and a new money investment. Existing equity retained control of the company.*
- Represented a leading private equity firm with respect to a $2.25 billion subscription credit facility for its flagship equity fund.*
- Represented a leading private equity firm with respect to a $250 million subscription credit facility for one of its equity funds.*
Represented a leading private equity firm with respect to an aggregate $905 million in back-leverage facilities for one of its credit funds.*
- Moderator, “Liability Management Transactions: Lender on Lender Violence” panel at BPOC Private Equity Conference hosted by Chicago Booth Private Equity Group and Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago (February 3, 2023)
- JD, magna cum laude, DePaul University College of Law, 2012; Order of the Coif; Editor of Articles, Notes and Comments, DePaul Law Review; Recipient of Certificate in Business Law
- BBA (Finance), cum laude, Loyola University Chicago, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2012
- California, 2015