Olivier A. Léger
Olivier Léger advises fund sponsors on U.S. tax matters at all phases of their operations, including fund formation, fundraising, bridge financing, portfolio acquisitions and divestitures. Olivier also represents institutional investors, including tax exempt and foreign investors, in connection with their investments in private equity funds and secondary transactions. In addition, Olivier advises public and privately owned companies with respect to taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, credit facility arrangements, post-transactional integration, inbound and outbound transactions, public offerings and cross-border reorganizations.
In 2015, Olivier spent five months at Johnson & Johnson, working closely with our client’s legal tax team on entity rationalization, M&As, licensing and master services agreements.
- Represented private investment fund sponsors in connection with their fund formation and fund raising activities, including: Kohlberg & Company, L.L.C., Quad-C Management, Inc., Thomas H. Lee Partners, Bain Capital, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, Nordic Capital, Veronis Suhler Stevenson, and DFW.
- Represented Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. in connection with its 3.3B cash acquisition of the beauty products firm, Vogue International, LLC.
- Represented Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. in connection with its acquisition of La Lumiere LLC, a skincare company, creator of an innovative light therapy acne treatment face mask.
- Represented Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. in connection with its acquisition of NeoStrata Company, Inc., a global leader in dermocosmetics.
- Represented Biosense Webster, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, in connection with its acquisition of Coherex Medical, Inc. a medical device company.
- Represented DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., part of the DePuy Synthes companies of Johnson & Johnson, in its acquisition of BioMedical Enterprises, Inc., a leading manufacturer of Nitinol orthopaedic implants for small bone fixation.
- Represented China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Boston-based tech publisher International Data Group, and its subsidiaries, International Data Corporation, IDG Communications and IDG Ventures.
- Represented Altamount Capital Partners in connection with the merger of one of its portfolio companies, The Robert Allen Group, with Duralee Fabrics, Ltd.
- Represented Netmarble Games Corp., a leading mobile game company headquartered in South Korea, in connection with its acquisition of Kabam’s Vancouver studio, a world leader in multiplayer free-to-play games for mobile devices.
- Represented Wright Medical Technology in its $290 million sale of its OrthoRecon business to MicroPort Scientific Corporation, positioning Wright to become a high-growth extremities and biologics company.
- Represented Pittsburgh Glass Works LLC, a Kohlberg-backed company, in the sale of its insurance and services division for $280 million to Solera Holdings Inc.
- Represented Aptalis, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company, in its definitive agreement to be acquired by Forest Laboratories, Inc., also a specialty pharmaceutical company for $2.9 billion in cash for its shareholders, including TPG, a global private investment firm.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its $147 million acquisition of KMT Group, a global leader in the design and manufacture of products utilizing ultrahigh-pressure pump technology in industrial manufacturing.
- Represented American Industrial Partners and its portfolio company Waterjet Holdings, Inc. in a $200 million acquisition of Flow International Corporation (Flow), a developer and manufacturer of industrial waterjet machines.
- Represented Wright Medical Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Solana Surgical, LLC.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with its merger agreement to acquire American Pacific Corporation, a leading custom manufacturer of fine chemicals and specialty chemicals, for approximately $392 million.
- Represented private equity client Weston Presidio and its portfolio company Evenflo Company, Inc. on the sale of Evenflo’s Ameda® breastfeeding business to Platinum Products Holding, Inc., a portfolio company of Crimson Investments.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners with respect to its investment in thinkThin, LLC , a producer of health and wellness food products.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of publicly traded biopharmaceutical company Icagen in a tender offer and second step merger.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partner with respect to its investment in Alexis Bittar, LLC a premier company in the costume jewelry industry.
- Represented Temasek and Pavilion Capital Partners in connection with various investments in private equity funds.