Renee E. Laws
Renee Laws is counsel in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s investment management group. Renee’s practice focuses on representing registered investment companies and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. She has experience with the creation, registration, operation and reorganization of fund products and the compliance maintenance of investment advisers and investment companies. She also works with clients to respond to new SEC rules affecting the investment management industry.
- Represents AMG Funds in a variety of different matters, including fund disclosure, regulatory filings, compliance matters, the organization of new funds, fund reorganizations, board matters, and advisory, sub-advisory and other service provider arrangements.
- Represents Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., LLC and the GMO Trust mutual fund complex on a wide range of matters, including fund disclosure, regulatory filings, compliance matters, the organization of new funds, the organization of a new trust that operates as part of a master/feeder structure, fund reorganizations, and board matters.
- Counseled an investment adviser regarding the creation of exchange-traded funds, including assistance with exemptive applications and organizational matters.
- Advised a large mutual fund complex on disclosure, regulatory filings, and related issues in connection with its annual registration statement updates.
- Co-author, “Mutual Fund Use of Sub-Advisers,” PLI Treatise: Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds Regulation (July 2013)
- "Third Party Consent Searches after Georgia v. Randolph: Dueling Approaches to the Dueling Roommates," 87 Boston University Law Review 937 (2007)