Sally Law joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the real estate group. Her practice is focused on cross-border financing and real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Sally worked in a major international law firm in its Hong Kong and London offices during which she completed a half-year client secondment in the legal team of an international bank.
- Advising a leading investment bank in a financing for an acquisition of onshore non-performing loan portfolios secured by properties in China.
- Advising a leading global bank in a financing for acquisition of a hotel in Hong Kong to be further redeveloped into a commercial building.
The following transactions were completed before joining Ropes & Gray:
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on term loan facilities granted to an SPV owned by a consortium of PRC investors on the pre-IPO acquisition of a subsidiary of a British data centre company.
- Advised a Hong Kong based real estate private equity firm on its onshore and offshore financings for acquisition of two commercial buildings in Shanghai.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on HK$1.49 billion term loan facilities to fund an acquisition of a subsidiary of a privatised company which holds a property in Hong Kong.
- Advised a Hong Kong based real estate private equity firm on a HK$2.4 billion term loan facility for financing the construction cost of its residential buildings project in Macau and the refinancing of that facility.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on a HK$3.7billion term loan facility for financing a Chinese real estate group’s acquisition of various onshore construction projects.
- Advised a Hong Kong based real estate private equity firm on its onshore and offshore refinancings backed by onshore and offshore security package which includes an onshore property mortgage over a property in Beijing.
- Advised a private limited company on its financing for acquiring a target group which holds a shopping mall in Guangzhou and its refinancing.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on a US$206 million term loan facility to a Chinese real estate trust to partially finance its acquisition of two Shanghai properties.
- Advised a syndicate of international banks in relation to a US$154.5 million revolving loan facility granted to a computer and telecommunication group backed by onshore and offshore corporate guarantees.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on a HK$3.5 billion term loan facility to a Chinese real estate group for its acquisition of a commercial building in Wanchai.
- Advised a leading investment bank on a US$40 million term loan facility to a clean energy solutions development group for financing its existing and future capital expenditure and supplier invoices.
- Advised a club of Chinese banks on a US$20 million term loan facility to an Australian mining group for financing its gold mine operations in Western Australia.
- Advised a syndicate of international banks on onshore and offshore financings for an Asia-based property developer for its property development in Indonesia.