Sophie is an associate in the asset management group in London.
Across a variety of jurisdictions, Sophie has helped fund managers structure and manage their private investment fund vehicles. Sophie has experience working with both sponsors on fund establishment and also major institutional investors in relation to their fund investments, with a particular focus on closed-ended European and U.S. private alternative investments funds.
Sophie’s experience covers a wide variety of strategies including digital infrastructure, credit, technology, fintech, infrastructure, real-estate and impact investing. In addition, Sophie has also advised on co-investment vehicles and separately managed accounts.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2022, Sophie was an associate in the asset management practice of another U.S. law firm.
Sophie's experience includes advising:
- A UK-based institutional investor with £90 billion under management, on its investment into a special situations credit fund and related co-investment program
- A Swiss-based institutional investor with US$135 billion under management, on its investments in a variety of different funds, including a global infrastructure fund and real estate fund
- A UK-based first time manager in the digital infrastructure space, on the formation of a Jersey closed-ended fund
- A UK-based private equity sponsor in the credit space, on the formation of a European private equity fund, related co-investment programs and separately managed accounts, targeting €5 billion*
- A global asset manager with $50 billion assets under management, in regulatory matters relating to SFDR, changes to AIFMD, as well as assisting with marketing of their funds into Europe*
- A UK-based sponsor on the formation of a sustainable impact fund targeting £200 million*
- A sovereign wealth fund with their investment into a UK based technology and software fund and co-invest vehicle*
- A UK-based venture capital sponsor, raising a single investor fund focused on fintech in Europe, Northern America and Latin America*
*Representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP University, 2018
- BA, University of Oxford, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2020