Victor S. Lin
Victor Lin joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 and is an associate in the asset management group. His practice focuses on the representation of various investment advisers, hedge funds, private equity funds and institutional investors in connection with fund formation, ongoing governance and operational issues, compliance, regulatory and transactional matters. Victor also has experience advising private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Victor served in the United States Marine Corps. Victor also worked for Bank of America Merrill Lynch as an investment specialist.
- Assisting private fund managers with ongoing compliance matters and the preparation of compliance policies and procedures.
- Representing private fund sponsors in connection with the structuring and formation of open-end and closed-end funds, as well as single-investor funds.
- Representing various clients regarding investments in third party private funds.
- Advising institutional and other investors in connection with secondary transactions for both the acquisition and disposition of private fund interests.
- JD, cum laude, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2015; articles editor; Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property Rights
- BA (Government and International Relations), Clark University, 2007