Anthony P. Marzocca
Anthony Marzocca is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s capital solutions and private credit team. Anthony’s practice focuses on all types of special situations and distressed transactions both in- and out-of-court.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Anthony was an associate in the restructuring department of another international law firm, where he advised debtors, creditors, and distressed investors in complex domestic and international distressed situations. Anthony also has experience in bankruptcy and complex commercial litigation, with a particular focus on structured finance transactions. Anthony’s practice spans a broad range of industries, including oil & gas, commercial real estate, structured products, pharmaceuticals and consumer products, and media & entertainment.
Anthony served as a judicial clerk for the Hon. Robert D. Drain of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. He received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was the senior executive editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law, a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and received Public Interest Honors Recognition. He received his B.A. from Duke University.
- Fieldwood Energy, a Gulf of Mexico offshore energy exploration and production company, in connection with its second chapter 11 cases with approximately $1.8 billion in debt.*
- CBL & Associates Properties, Inc., one of the largest mall owners in the United States, in connection with the restructuring of more than $4 billon of obligations.*
- Ad hoc group of RigCo Lenders in Seadrill Limited’s chapter 11 cases. Seadrill Limited is one of the world’s largest international offshore drilling contractors, and owns or leases more than 7% of the world’s fleet, with operations in 15 countries. The ad hoc group owns or controls approximately $1.27 billion of Seadrill’s secured debt.*
* Experience at prior firm.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2015; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Public Interest Honors Recognition; Senior Executive Editor of Columbia Journal of Environmental Law
- BA, Duke University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2016
- New Jersey, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2016