Emily Ma is an associate in the business restructuring group of Ropes and Gray's London office. Emily has experience advising companies, creditors and insolvency practitioners on restructuring and insolvency matters across multiple jurisdictions and sectors. She also has experience in non-distressed debt financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Emily worked in the Hong Kong, London and Shanghai offices of another leading international law firm.
Representative matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include advising:
- a Chinese real estate developer on the restructuring of its U.S. dollar-denominated notes through a Cayman scheme of arrangement
- Tuspark Forward Ltd. on the restructuring of its U.S. dollar-denominated notes by way of a consent solicitation
- a lender syndicate to Victory City Company Limited on enforcement actions involving provisional liquidation and liquidation in Hong Kong and Bermuda
- the arrangers on the facilities for Hillhouse's acquisition of Serta and King Koil China
- a global credit fund on the financing for the acquisition of non-performing loan portfolios in China
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC MSc (Law, Business and Management), University of Law, 2018
- GDL, University of Law, 2017
- LLM, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2015
- LLB, Peking University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2020