Max joined Ropes & Gray in 2022 and is an associate in the asset management practice group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Max worked for a boutique tax law firm focusing on cryptocurrency taxation. Max helped a variety of clients including individuals, Non-Fungible Token (NFT) projects, and cryptocurrency mining companies. Max has experience reviewing Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFTs) and researching niche tax issues as they relate to crypto.
Max received his JD from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. Prior to attending law school, Max attended Lawrence University, where he majored in government and graduated magna cum laude.
- Assisted in representation of John McAfee in cryptocurrency criminal cases.*
- Represented individuals in connection with cryptocurrency audits and CP2000 notices.*
- Represented hundreds of individuals in connection with reporting cryptocurrency on tax returns.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Speaker, “Cryptocurrency for Tax Professionals Webinar Series, Part 2: Crypto Taxation,” ZenLedger Webinar (June 2021)
- Speaker, “Cryptocurrency for Tax Professionals Webinar Series, Part 1: Crypto Basics,” ZenLedger Webinar (June 2021)
- JD, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2019; Associate Editor, Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property
- BA (Government), magna cum laude, Lawrence University, 2016; Mortar Board National College Honor’s Society; Midwest Conference Academic All-Conference
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019