Marc Migliazzo’s practice focuses on representing financial sponsors and their portfolio companies on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Marc regularly advises businesses, private equity funds and institutional investors on a range of transactional, corporate governance and other corporate finance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Marc worked in investment banking, advising entrepreneurs, corporations and investors on mergers and acquisitions, during which time he spent six years based in Paris.
Marc is a regular advocate through the Volunteer Lawyers Project for low-income tenants facing summary eviction proceedings in Boston Housing Court and in cases on appeal to the Massachusetts Appeals Court. He also represents homeless and indigent clients at St. Francis House and other local shelters through the Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless.
- Represented Paulson & Co. and TriArtisan Capital Advisors in the acquisition of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, the Asian-themed, casual dining restaurant chain, from Centerbridge Partners.
- Represented Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) in its acquisition of exclusive rights to Desorption Electrospray Ionization (DESI) technology from Prosolia, Inc., a scientific instruments company engaged in the development and marketing of analytical tools for mass spectrometry.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners and its Los Angeles-based portfolio company HUF Worldwide, a skate and streetwear apparel and footwear brand, on the sale of HUF to TSI Holdings Co Ltd (TSE: 3608) of Japan.
- Represented Bain Capital on its acquisition of NGA UK, a leading UK-based software provider of payroll and HR solutions, from NGA Human Resources.
- Represented Schroders (LSE: SDR) in connection with a strategic investment in a Bermuda long-term reinsurance company.
- Represented TPG Capital in the $4 billion buyout of Life Time Fitness (NYSE: LTM), owner and operator of sports, fitness, recreation and spa centers in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners, and its Los Angeles-based portfolio company thinkThin, a maker of wholesome protein-rich foods, in the $217 million sale of thinkThin to Glanbia plc (LSE: GLB, ISEQ: GL9).
- Represented BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) in its investment in AIM Aerospace Corporation, an independent supplier of composite parts for the commercial aerospace industry with a particular focus on the Boeing 737, 777 and 787 platforms.
- Represented BlackRock in its investment in Grupo Acosta Verde, a developer, owner and manager of shopping malls and retail centers in Mexico.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its investment in Brixton, a surf, skate and streetwear apparel company.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners, its Canada-based portfolio company Garden Protein International and Garden Protein’s founder, Yves Potvin, in the CAD$175 million sale of Garden Protein, creator of the fast-growing Gardein range of vegan products, to Pinnacle Foods (NYSE: PF).
- Represented TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its 2016 acquisition of Credit Suisse’s U.S. distressed credit portfolio for $1.27 billion.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in connection with a $205 million portfolio company refinancing led by Goldman Sachs.
- Represented the lead investor in a $165 million offering of convertible senior secured notes and related preferred shares and warrants issued by Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OREX) in conjunction with Orexigen’s acquisition of the U.S. rights to Contrave, the market leading branded anti-obesity prescription medicine, from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
- Represented Iora Health in its $75 million Series D equity funding round led by Singapore state fund Temasek Holdings.
- Represented Iora Health in its Series C equity funding round led by Flare Capital Partners, GE Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Rice Management Company, alongside existing institutional investors Polaris Partners, F Prime Capital (formerly Fidelity Biosciences) and .406 Ventures.
- Represented Daughters of Charity Health System, the California regional health system comprising six acute care hospitals sponsored by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, in the $250 million recapitalization led by BlueMountain Capital Management and Integrity Healthcare.
- Successfully represented an unaccompanied minor facing deportation in proceedings on remand to the Boston Immigration Court, and who was freed and granted asylum after spending 15 months in federal detention.
- Co-author, “Delaware Court of Chancery rejects claim of bad faith,” International Law Office (October 5, 2016)
- Co-author, “Entire fairness is operative standard of review for non-MFW controlling stockholder transaction,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (August 17, 2016)