Spencer A. Mathews
Spencer Mathews joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021 and is a member of the private capital transactions group. During law school, Spencer served as an articles editor of the Boston College Law Review and worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Indira Talwani of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Spencer also advised local startup companies and small businesses on corporate matters as part of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Clinic at Boston College Law School. Spencer currently serves as a volunteer Big Brother with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts.
Prior to law school, Spencer worked as a government affairs professional for a large automotive company where he focused on emerging technology.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of a majority stake in GCX Mounting Solutions, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of healthcare-focused, equipment mounting and mobility solutions.
- Represented Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, in a definitive agreement to combine with SGHC Limited, the parent company of Betway (“Super Group”) to create a global gaming company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Summit Partners in its acquisition of Boston Healthcare Associates, Experien Group, Quartesian and Ximedica to form Veranex, an integrated service provider dedicated to providing consulting, clinical design and engineering services to clients in the MedTech industry.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its investment in Ivanti, Inc., a provider of automated IT and security operations solutions, alongside Ivanti’s existing investors, Clearlake Capital Group and TA Associates.
- Spencer A. Mathews, When Rubber Meets the Road: Balancing Innovation and Public Safety in the Regulation of Self-Driving Cars, 61 B.C. L. Rev. 295 (2020).
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2020; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BA (Political Science), cum laude, The George Washington University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2021