Thomas Marriott is an associate in the private investment funds group in Ropes & Gray’s London office.
Thomas has experience of advising a diverse range of clients in the funds and private equity real estate spaces, on matters including fund formation, investments into private equity funds, joint ventures, and corporate acquisitions and disposals. He has also advised clients in relation to various issues involving financial services regulation.
- Advising Crescent Capital Partners on the establishment of Crescent Capital Partners V Fund (AUD675 million) – an APAC focused private equity fund with a global investor base
- Assisting for a large UK-based sponsor in the formation of its €3.5 billion European focused private equity fund
- Acting for a large Canadian pension plan in relation to its cornerstone investment in an Indian private equity fund
Notable transactions in which Thomas has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising a UK-based European asset-manager on various disposals and acquisitions (in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Luxembourg) including the structuring of a Jersey Private Placement Fund
- Advising for the establishment of joint venture structures for a US real estate fund on projects involving multi-let commercial and light industrial real estate in the UK, and sites for office and residential development in Germany
- Advising on the admission of a new institutional investor to a Guernsey-incorporated private equity fund investing in UK wind farms, including drafting of side letters and amending the offering document and articles of association of the fund
- Advising for the outsourcing of certain investment advisory and property management functions from a UK commercial real estate giant to a European property and asset manager
- Advising on the corporate side of several joint ventures relating to the co-investment by developers and private equity providers in mixed-use urban regeneration and student accommodation projects