Alex focuses primarily on patent litigation.
Alex’s patent litigation experience includes drafting motions and briefs, assisting in preparation of expert reports, taking and defending fact and expert depositions, and preparing witnesses for deposition. Alex has participated in patent litigation involving wireless communications security protocols, telecommunications, optical fiber networking, solid state memory design, and smartphone notification systems.
Alex’s pro bono practice includes renewing trademarks for a historical society, advising a housing association on zoning enforcement mechanisms, and obtaining asylum for a Moldovan man.Prior to joining the firm, Alex worked on the development of simulation software for and the construction of the ATLAS detector in the CERN Large Hadron Collider. Prior to attending law school, Alex worked at a law firm in South Korea.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. TCL Communications Technology Holdings Ltd. (D. Del.) - Representing IP Bridge in a two-patent suit involving 4G LTE wireless standards and FRAND licensing.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. Intel Corp. (E.D. Tex.) - Representing IP Bridge in a nine-patent suit involving semiconductor fabrication technology.
- Representing StrikeForce Technologies, Inc. in a series of district court actions in E.D. Va., D. Mass. and C.D. Cal. against multiple defendants and parallel PTAB proceedings involving the assertion of its patents relating to out-of-band authentication techniques and systems.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. Broadcom Ltd. et al. (E.D. Tex.) - Represented IP Bridge in in a six-patent suit involving semiconductor fabrication and microprocessors. Obtained highly favorable settlement for IP Bridge just weeks before trial and following the Court's denial of Broadcom's summary judgment motion that sought to limit the scope of potential infringement and damages.
- Imperium IP Holdings (Cayman), Ltd. v. Samsung Electronics: Represented Samsung Electronics in a case relating to three patents directed to functionality of image sensors and camera modules. The case involved a six-day trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Certain Wireless Devices with 3G and 4G Capabilities - Counsel on behalf of Samsung Electronics in an ITC investigation, including an eight-day trial, brought by InterDigital relating to seven patents directed to 3G and 4G standards.
- In the Matter of Certain Non-Volatile Memory Devices and Products Containing Same (No. 337-TA-909, U.S.I.T.C.) & In the Matter of Certain Devices Containing Non-Volatile Memory and Products Containing the Same (No. 337-TA-922, U.S.I.T.C.) - Represented Spansion LLC in multiple International Trade Commission Investigations brought by Macronix involving patents related to semiconductor memory devices.
- Spansion LLC (IPR2014-01117, IPR2014-01118) - Preparation of IPRs challenging two semiconductor-related patents asserted by Macronix against Spansion at the International Trade Commission.
- Labyrinth Optical Technologies LLC v. Fujitsu America, Inc., et al. - Represented Fujitsu in a patent infringement lawsuit involving optical data communication network technologies.
- Motorola Mobility, Inc. v. Microsoft Corp. (No. 2:10-cv-01823, W.D. Wash.) - Represented Motorola Mobility in a patent and FRAND rate lawsuit against Microsoft concerning features and functionality of computers and mobile communication devices.
- In the Matter of Certain Gaming and Entertainment Consoles, Related Software, and Components Thereof (No. 337-TA-752, U.S.I.T.C.) - Represented Motorola Mobility, Inc. in an International Trade Commission Investigation involving patents related to security protocols in wireless communications.
- Optimum Power Solutions v. Fujitsu America, Inc. - Represented Fujitsu in a patent infringement litigation involving computer power management technologies.
- JD (Intellectual Property), cum laude, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2009; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
- Certificate of Advanced Studies in Mathematics, Cambridge University, 2003
- BS (Mathematical Physics), Queen's University, 2002