Alexandru Mocanu is counsel in the finance department of Ropes & Gray’s London office where he joined in April 2015. Prior to joining, Alexandru worked at another international U.S. firm in both New York and London. Alexandru regularly represents private equity sponsors as well as arrangers, underwriters, bank syndicates and private credit funds in U.S. or cross-border acquisition financing transactions, corporate reorganizations and refinancing transactions.
- Acting for Samsonite International S.A., the world’s largest travel luggage company, on the offering of €350 million 3.5% Senior Notes due 2026 by Samsonite Finco S.a r.l.
- Acting for Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Holding Co., Ltd in connection with the financing aspects of strategic investment of approximately $300 million in GNC Holdings, Inc.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks in the combination of Intrum Justitia and Lindorff in connection with financing commitments - €3 billion equivalent unsecured notes and a €1.1 billion revolving credit facility.
- Acting for the arranger and the revolving lender in connection with a $260 million first lien term loan and a $25 million super senior revolving credit loan facility for Navico, Inc.
- Acting for various credit groups of Altice N.V. in frequent refinancing, extension and amendment transactions for term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Acting for purchasers in connection with the purchase of second lien notes issued by N&W Global Vending in a private high-yield transaction.
- Acting for Altice N.V. on its cross-border equity and debt financing for the acquisition of Cablevision, the leading cable system operator in the New York metropolitan area. The $10.6 billion debt financing package included a $3.8 billion covenant lite term loan, $2 billion credit revolving facility and three tranches of high yield notes: the offering of US$1.8 billion 101/8% Senior Notes due 2023, US$2 billion 107/8% Senior Notes due 2025 and US$1 billion 65/8% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2025 and Altice N.V also raised €1.6 billion via an equity placement through the accelerated book build method.
- Represented Altice S.A. in connection with a “covenant lite” term loan and revolving credit facility for the acquisition of Suddenlink, the seventh largest cable system operator in the United States by Altice S.A.
- Acting for a major U.S. private equity sponsor in connection with the financing of the acquisition of the largest advanced wound care services provider in the U.S., in a transaction valued at US$910 million and subsequently, the add-on acquisition of the second largest advanced wound care services provider in the U.S.
- Acting for a major U.S. private equity sponsor in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a leading provider of hospital pharmacy- outsourced sterile compounding services.
- Acting for a major music company in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a former division of EMI Music for a purchase price of approx. US$765 million.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2008; note editor, Boston University Law Review
- BA (Government & French), summa cum laude, Colby College, 2005
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2009
- IFLR1000 (2019-2022)