Amanda McGrady Morrison
Amanda advises a broad range of clients on M&A transactions, including strategic and private equity acquisitions, dispositions and financings. She has significant experience steering leveraged buyouts and dispositions of public and private companies, as well as minority investments, recapitalizations and restructurings. Amanda also regularly assists clients with other transactional and corporate governance matters and routinely counsels investment advisory firms in connection with fund formation, investment activities and internal operations. Some of her clients include TPG Capital, State Street Corporation, Summit Partners, Summit Rock Advisors and The Boston Consulting Group.
Amanda is recognized as a leading lawyer for M&A and private equity transactions, including Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and the International Financial Law Review.
- Represented DuPage Medical Group, one of the nation’s largest independent, multi-specialty physician groups, and DMG Management Services in a $1.45 billion strategic partnership with Ares Management
- Represented State Street in its
- acquisition of GE Asset Management, a global asset manager with approximately $110 billion in assets under management
- sale of JV interests in Boston Financial Data Services and International Financial Services to DST Systems
- Represented Advent International and Mediq B.V. in the $380 million sale of Byram Healthcare to Owens & Minor
- Represented Summit Partners in its
- acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes, the nation’s leading provider of complex medical management services in the workers’ compensation industry, from Lightyear Capital
- add-on acquisition by Paradigm Outcomes of ForeSight Medical, a leading provider of surgical management solutions in the workers’ compensation marketplace
- $550 million recapitalization and acquisition of ABILITY Network, a provider of web-based work-flow solutions for the healthcare industry
- $250 million investment in DMG Practice Management Solutions, a practice management company associated with DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area
- Represented TPG Capital in its
- acquisition of Beaver-Visitec International, a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of ophthalmic and other specialty microsurgical products
- sale of Vertafore, a provider of adaptable technology solutions for the insurance industry, to Bain Capital Private Equity and Vista Equity Partners
- recapitalization of American Tire Distributors in connection with an investment by the private equity group of Ares Management, L.P.
- carve-out acquisition of Eze Castle Software, a premier provider of global order management and related technologies, and RealTick, a multi-broker, cross-asset electronic execution platform, from ConvergEx Group
- $5.2 billion take-private acquisition of IMS Health, a provider of market intelligence to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Represented the independent directors of Cole Corporate Income Trust in the $3 billion merger of CCIT with Select Income REIT
- Represented the Special Committee of Cole Credit Property Trust II in its merger with Spirit Realty Capital to create a $7.1 billion triple-net-lease REIT
- Represented SunGard Data Systems, a software and technology services company with annual revenue of approximately $2.8 billion, and its private equity shareholders in its tax-free split-off of Sungard Availability Services, a managed IT, cloud, and recovery services company with annual revenue of approximately $1.4 billion
- Represented Bare Escentuals, a premium cosmetics company, in its $1.7 billion sale to Shiseido
- Represented a consortium of seven private equity firms (Silver Lake Partners, Bain Capital, Blackstone, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, Providence Equity Partners and TPG) in their $11 billion acquisition of SunGard Data Systems