Andres Medina-Jordan joined the corporate department as an associate in 2016. Andres advises clients regarding corporate and regulatory matters. Prior to joining the firm and before law school, Andres worked as an executive senior analyst at a pharmacy benefits management (PBM) company, where he was a member of the senior staff and regulatory change management and compliance committees. In this role, Andres worked with health insurance companies to solve regulatory compliance issues and also helped negotiate rebates agreements with insurance companies and pharmaceutical manufacturers.Andres is a graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School. He maintains an active pro bono practice, representing nonprofit organizations in corporate matters and individuals in federal Immigration Court and state law matters.
- Regularly drafts and advises on SEC filings, including SEC correspondence, proxy statements, and written communications and prospectuses in connection with business combination transactions.
- Regularly advises private fund sponsor in fund formation and structuring matters and day-to-day operations, including preparation of offering documents and side letter negotiations with fund investors.
- Regularly advises Delaware corporation in corporate governance matters.
- Regularly negotiates clinical trial agreements on behalf of pharmaceutical manufacturer client.
- Represented the lead underwriters in follow-on public offering of Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in its acquisition of National Spine & Pain Centers, LLC, a leading management services organization to interventional pain management clinics.
- Represented Medtronic in its strategic acquisition of assets of a medical device manufacturer.
- Negotiate confidentiality agreements on behalf of private equity clients reviewing potential transactions involving private and public companies.
- Advised health care system regarding telemedicine ventures and operations.
- Advised research hospital and clinical trial site regarding research policy and compliance issues, including human subjects recruitment, protection and informed consent processes.
- Advised pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding medical device distribution across the U.S. (including in territories).
- Advised health care organizations in HIPAA compliance, including negotiation of HIPAA Business Associate agreements and compliance with use of protected health information in research.
- Advised pharmacy benefits management (PBM) company regarding rebate, formulary management, and drug discount practices.
- Advised private equity companies regarding anti-corruption compliance in connection with foreign investments.
- Co-author, “The CLIA/HIPAA Conundrum of Returning Test Results to Research Participants,” Medical Research Law & Policy Report, Bloomberg BNA (July 2015)