Andres Medina-Jordan joined the corporate department as an associate in 2016. Andres advises clients regarding transactional, regulatory, and governance matters. Prior to joining the firm and before law school, Andres worked as an executive senior analyst at a pharmacy benefits management (PBM) company, where he was a member of the senior staff and the regulatory change management and compliance committees. In this role, Andres worked with health insurance companies to solve regulatory compliance issues and helped to draft policies and procedures related to plan benefit design, utilization review, and formulary management. Andres also helped in negotiating services and rebates agreements with insurance companies and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Represented the lead underwriters in follow-on public offering of Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in its acquisition of National Spine & Pain Centers, LLC, a leading management services organization to interventional pain management clinics.
- Represented Medronic in its strategic acquisition of assets of a medical device manufacturer.
- Negotiate confidentiality agreements and access letters on behalf of private equity clients reviewing potential transactions involving private and public companies.
- Regularly advises Delaware corporation in formation and regular corporate governance matters.
- Advised health care system regarding telemedicine ventures and operations.
- Advised research hospital and clinical trial site regarding research policy and compliance issues, including human subjects recruitment, protection and informed consent processes.
- Advised pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding medical device distribution across the U.S. (including in territories).
- Advised health care organizations in HIPAA compliance, including negotiation of HIPAA Business Associate agreements and compliance with use of protected health information in research.
- Advised pharmacy benefits management (PBM) company regarding rebate, formulary management, and drug discount practices.
- Advised private equity companies regarding anti-corruption compliance in connection with foreign investments.
- Co-author, “The CLIA/HIPAA Conundrum of Returning Test Results to Research Participants,” Medical Research Law & Policy Report, Bloomberg BNA (July 2015)