Clara Melly joined the finance group of Ropes & Grays London office in 2017. After completing her LL.B. at Trinity College Dublin, Clara received a LL.M. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. She also obtained a Business and Law Certificate from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
During law school Clara interned in leading US law firms, an Irish tech start-up, and worked as a research assistant to a Senior Counsel Barrister at the High Court of Ireland. At the University of Pennsylvania, Clara served as an editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law and was a member of the William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team.
- Advising a Latin American telecoms company on its US$140 million equivalent multicurrency syndicated term loan and revolving credit facilities in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a leading Costa Rican cable operator
- Acting for Cable & Wireless Communications on its SPV-structure US$500 million Rule 144A and Regulation S high yield notes offering
- Acting for Altice France S.A. in connection with the offering of €1 billion 5.875% senior secured notes due 2027 and US$1.75 billion 8.125% senior secured notes due 2027, and its US$2.5 billion term loan facility to refinance certain existing indebtedness
- Acting for Virgin Media in a subsequent receivables financing notes issuance, an add-on offering to its IFLR Europe 2017 High Yield Deal of the Year
- Acting for Samsonite International S.A., the world’s largest travel luggage company, on the offering of €350 million 3.5% Senior Notes due 2026 by Samsonite Finco S.a r.l.
- Acting for Cequel Communications Holdings I, LLC and Cequel Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries in connection with the offering of US$1.05 billion 7.5% senior notes due 2028 to refinance certain existing senior notes, its US$285 million term loan facility, and refinancing of existing debt
- Acting for CSC Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries in connection with the offering of US$1 billion 5.375% senior guaranteed notes due 2028 to refinance certain existing indebtedness of CSC Holdings, LLC and its direct parent, Cablevision Systems Corporation, and to partially fund a dividend to Altice USA (through Cablevision Systems Corporation) in connection with the spin-off of Altice USA from Altice N.V.
- Acting for Telenet Finance Luxembourg Notes S.à r.l. in connection with the offering of €600 million 3.5% senior secured notes due 2028 and US$1 billion 5.5% senior secured notes due 2028 to refinance certain existing term loan facilities
- Co-author, “How Biden-Harris’ policies on ESG and impact investing will affect private equity,” Private Equity News (November 16, 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LLM, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2017; University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law; William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team; Pennsylvania Innocence Project
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin, 2016; Dublin University Law Society; Dublin University Ladies Hockey Club; Free Legal Advice Centre