Colleen B. Meyer
Colleen joined Ropes & Gray in 2009 in the corporate department. Colleen is counsel in the firm’s asset management group. She focuses her practice on the representation of asset management industry clients, including registered investment companies and their board of directors, registered investment advisers and various privately offered investment pools. Colleen has experience with the formation of investment companies and registered investment advisers as well as the compliance maintenance and ongoing representation of registered investment companies, registered investment advisers and privately offered investment pools.
- Represents Sterling Capital Funds, including with respect to the launch of new funds, ongoing regulatory matters and filings, and corporate governance matters.
- Represents registered investment advisers on a wide range of corporate, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Assists advisers in registering with the Securities and Exchange Commission and in developing Advisers Act compliance programs.
- Advises registered investment advisers on regulatory and compliance matters associated with the purchase or sale of investment advisory businesses.
- Advises clients on private fund formation and offering matters.
- Advised AMG Funds LLC on Investment Company Act of 1940 matters for a closed-end private equity fund-of-funds.
- Assisted a global investment management organization with the launch and organization of an NYSE-listed closed-end fund.
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2009
- BA, University of California, Berkeley, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2009