Craig E. Marcus
Craig Marcus focuses on capital markets transactions involving public companies, private equity sponsors, and private equity portfolio companies. These transactions include debt and equity securities offerings as well as mergers and acquisitions. Craig also counsels public companies on a wide range of corporate governance, executive compensation and disclosure matters. Craig’s current clients include Avista Capital Partners, Berkshire Partners, Bright Horizons, Bain Capital, Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin’ Brands, Lantheus Medical, Liberty Global, Planet Fitness, PQ Group Holdings, Sequoia Capital and Waters Corporation.
- Represented PQ Group Holdings Inc., a provider of performance chemicals, catalysts, and specialty glass materials and a portfolio company of CCMP, in its $500 million IPO.
- Represented the lead underwriters in connection with the $1.9 billion IPO of Altice USA, Inc., a leading cable operator that provides telecommunications, media, and entertainment services in the United States.
- Represented Change Healthcare in its $1.235 billion 144A offering of senior notes that were used to fund, in part, the combination of substantially all of Change Healthcare’s business and the majority of McKesson’s Technology Solutions business.
- Represented Trinseo S.A., a leading global materials company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of emulsion polymers and plastics and a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in its $218 million IPO as well as a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Morgan Stanley, Goldman, Sachs & Co., BofA Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities, as representatives of the underwriters, in connection with the $627 million IPO of Sabre Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.
- Represented Milacron Holdings Corp., a CCMP portfolio company, in a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Lantheus Medical, an Avista Capital portfolio company, in a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Avista Capital, as selling shareholder, in a number of secondary offerings of AngioDynamics.
- Represented Entegris, Inc., a worldwide developer, manufacturer and supplier of products and materials used in processing and manufacturing in the microelectronics and other high-technology industries, in its $1.15 billion acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Entegris, Inc. in its $360 million 144A offering of senior unsecured notes that were used to fund, in part, its acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Bright Horizons in connection with its $220 million IPO as well as a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands, the parent company of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin Robbins and a portfolio company of Bain Capital, The Carlyle Group and THL Partners, in its $1.9 billion recapitalization and its $400 million IPO as well as a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in the $375 million sale of its portfolio company, Navilyst Medical, a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, to AngioDynamics, Inc. for a combination of cash and stock consideration.
- Represented OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC, an operator of a portfolio of restaurant brands comprised of Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Roy's, in connection with the tender offer for, and related redemption and discharge of, all outstanding 10% Senior Notes Due 2015 in connection with the IPO of its parent company, Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.
- Represented Emdeon Inc., a provider of revenue and payment cycle management solutions that connect payers, providers, and patients, in its $375 million 11% senior notes offering and its $375 million 11¼% senior notes offering that were used to fund, in part, its $3 billion going private transaction led by The Blackstone Group.
- Represented Avaya, a global business communications systems provider and a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners and TPG Capital, in its $1 billion 144A high yield offering.
- Represented Liberty Global in structuring and issuing an aggregate of €2.7 billion ($4.0 billion equivalent) of senior secured notes and senior notes in connection with its acquisition of Unitymedia, Germany’s second largest communications services provider, in the largest secured notes offering in European high yield history.
- Represented Millipore Corporation, a leading life sciences company, in its $7.2 billion sale to Merck KGaA.
- Represented SSI Investments II Limited, a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital, in connection with its $310 million 144A high yield offering to finance the $1.2 billion acquisition of Skillsoft plc, a SaaS provider of on-demand e-learning and performance support solutions.
- Represented Kohlberg Capital, a business development company, in connection with its $200 million IPO.
- Represented Domino’s Pizza in connection with its $339 million IPO as well as a promotional advertising campaign involving the issuance of shares of common stock.
- Quoted, “1 Firm Edged Ahead In March As IPOs Finally Gain Steam,” Law360 (April 3, 2019)
- Co-author, “Market Trends 2017/18: Shelf Registrations and Takedowns,” LexisNexis (May 24, 2018)
- Co-author, “Dunkin’ Brands and SEC Economic Relevance Exclusion of Shareholder Proposal,” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (March 11, 2018)
- Quoted, “Dropbox Could Set Tone For More 'Unicorn' IPOs,” Law360 (February 27, 2018)
- Quoted, “4 Firms To Guide IPOs Surpassing $1.8B,” Law360 (October 13, 2017)
- Co-author, “Market Trends: Shelf Registrations and Takedowns,” Lexis Practice Advisor (May 9, 2017)
- Quoted, “6 Firms To Guide PE-Heavy IPOs Totaling $1.6B,” Law360 (May 20, 2016)
- Quoted, “Capital Calls: Financial sponsor secondary offerings off to a quiet start,” The Deal (February 16, 2016)
- Quoted, “3 Takeaways From DuPont's Proxy Battle Victory Over Trian,” Law360 (May 15, 2015)
- Quoted, “4 Takeaways From The Current Proxy Season,” Law360 (May 7, 2015)
- Featured, “Proxy Access Proposals: What’s Next for U.S. Companies?” Bloomberg BNA Corporate Counsel Weekly (April 22, 2015)
- Quoted, “Renewed Confidence Drives Hot Market For PE-Backed IPOs,” Law360 (June 20, 2014)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 1996; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Senior Editor, Columbia Law Review
- BA (Economics), with distinction in all subjects, Cornell University, 1993