Deanna Minasi is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement group. Based in New York, Deanna’s practice includes a diverse range of complex commercial litigation, governmental investigations, and regulatory matters. She also maintains an active pro bono practice. During law school, Deanna was an associate editor for the Fordham Law Review and participated in the Legislative and Policy Advocacy Clinic and the Immigrant Rights Clinic. She also interned at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York.
- Represents a variety of clients, including leading financial institutions and public companies, in connection with regulatory and governmental inquiries, investigations, examinations, and enforcement actions.
- Part of team that obtained dismissal of $1 billion in fraudulent conveyance claims as lead defense counsel for shareholders that invested in a major publicly-traded fashion company prior to its leveraged buyout and subsequent bankruptcy.
- Part of team that obtained dismissal before the Delaware Court of Chancery of all claims brought against the former directors and officers of a biopharmaceutical company in connection with its $5 billion acquisition.
- Spent approximately six months on a client secondment providing advice and support to a global private equity firm in connection with an SEC examination.
- Co-author, “Director's Duty of Oversight and Covid-19: Part I,” Bloomberg Law (February 2021)
- Co-author, “Director's Duty of Oversight and Covid-19: Part II,” Bloomberg Law (February 2021)
- Co-author, “Ropes & Gray Discusses DOJ’s New Guidance on Inability-to-Pay Claims,” Columbia University Law School “Blue Sky Blog” (November 4, 2019)
- Author, Note, Confronting the Ghost: Legal Strategies to Oust Medical Ghostwriters, 86 Fordham L. Rev. 299 (2017).
- JD, magna cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2018; Ruth Whitehead Whaley Scholar; Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award Recipient 2018; Associate Editor Fordham Law Review
- BS (Psychology), magna cum laude, Fordham University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019