Elizabeth McCann provides transactional, regulatory and compliance advice to an array of heath care clients, including hospitals, managed care plans, academic medical centers and private equity funds active in the health care industry.
Elizabeth has represented health care industry clients in a wide range of transactions, including private equity deals, joint ventures, affiliations and mergers. Elizabeth has particular expertise in the area of managed care and frequently counsels clients on compliance with federal and state requirements for specific managed care products, including Medicare Advantage, Medicare Special Needs Plans, the Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly and New York Managed Long-Term Care.
Elizabeth also advises health plans and providers on compliance with the health care fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act.
Elizabeth also has a robust pro bono practice which has included the successful representation of a political asylee in immigration court.
- Advised a managed long term care plan in a high-profile fraud investigation conducted by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a multi-state health system in the expansion and implementation of its integrated care delivery model in Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Jersey.
- Provided ongoing representation to a hospital client on physician contracting matters.
- Assisted multiple hospitals with developing corrective action plans to address deficiencies cited in CMS surveys.
- Represented a federally qualified health center in the negotiation of its payor agreements.
- Co-author, “OIG’s Warranty Safe Harbor Opinion and Value-Based Care,” Law360 (September 14, 2017)
- Presenter, “California Knox-Keene Plans and Risk Bearing Organizations,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (September 2017).
- Presenter, “New Value-Based Developments from CMS: What are they? What to do given winds of change?” Ropes & Gray Teleconference (January 2017).
- Panelist, Practitioner’s Luncheon, NYU Law Health Law and Policy Society (March 2016).