Iain C.S. Morpeth
Iain Morpeth was head of the firm's international real estate investments & transactions group and a partner in the London office until his retirement in 2018.
He advised private funds, investment banks, endowments, sovereign wealth funds and other investors as well as sponsors and operating partners on real estate related transactions.
Iain’s clients included Siguler Guff, MSREF, Harvard, Pimco, APG, KIC, Divco West, Avenue Capital, Queensgate Investments, DPK, Proprium Capital and one of the largest global hedge funds.
Iain worked on a wide variety of transaction types including real estate M&A, real estate private equity, joint ventures, co investment, acquisitions and disposals of shares, debt and property assets, development projects, earn outs and PFI as well as preferred equity, mezzanine lending, restructurings, structured finance, work outs and outsourcing.
Transactions included those relating to both distressed and non-distressed real estate, at all points of the risk spectrum and across multiple geographies. They involved all types of real estate including commercial, leisure, hotels, pubs, care homes, hospitals, student housing and government property and include portfolios, mortgages and NPLs as well as construction and development projects.
- Contributing Editor, International Comparative Legal Guide to: Real Estate 2018, Global Legal Group
- Contributing Author, “Chapter 1: Real Estate Joint Ventures: New Paradigm or Passing Fashion”, International Comparative Legal Guide to: Real Estate 2018, Global Legal Group
- Quoted, “The art of the joint venture,” Real Estate Investment Times (June 27, 2017)
- Author, “European Private Real Estate Market in Focus,” Preqin Global Real Estate Report (2015)
- Quoted, "Investments and acquisitions in the real estate sector," Financier Worldwide (June 2015)
- Contributing Author, Property Joint Ventures: Structures and Precedents, Sweet & Maxwell