Joe Muller is an associate in the corporate department at Ropes & Gray. He advises clients on a variety of corporate transactions and governance matters, with a particular focus on venture investments, emerging company representation, and mergers and acquisitions.
Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
- Represented Crosspoint Capital Partners in its investments in Everseen, a leader in AI-powered computer vision software, and ReversingLabs, a leading provider of software security solutions.
- Represented Northpond Ventures in its Series A investment in Ori Biotech, a London- and Philadelphia-based innovator in cell and gene therapy manufacturing.
- Represented Solarea Bio, a biotech company developing microbial-based solutions to aid human health, in its $11.2 million Series A financing led by S2G Ventures and Bold Capital Partners.
- Represents various venture capital, institutional and strategic investors in venture and growth equity investments in companies in the technology, health care and biotechnology sectors.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a special committee of the board of Akcea Therapeutics in connection with the sale of Akcea to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented American Well Corporation in its acquisition of Conversa Health, a leader in automated virtual healthcare.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2019
- PhD (Political Theory), Harvard University, 2016
- AM (Political Theory), Harvard University, 2015
- BA (Classics), Baylor University, 2010; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2019